Atlas America Insurance is a leading visitor medical insurance plan for visitors to USA, or for international travelers outside America, visiting or staying in USA, or any foreign destination, for a short term duration. Atlas America Insurance is designed to take the risk out of travel to the United States, and suited for short-term stay in America, plan includes coverage for acts of terrorism, complications of pregnancy and incidental trips home. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, Atlas Travel Medical Insurance may be just what you’re looking for. Plans are available from a minimum of 5 days or up to a maximum of 364 days. In addition to medical benefits for injuries and illnesses/sickness, Atlas America Insurance includes benefits for emergency medical evacuation, terrorism, political evacuation, and adventure sports.
Atlas Travel Insurance plan highlights:
- Atlas America Insurance is for Non-US citizens visiting USA or traveling outside their home country.
- Atlas International Insurance is for US citizens traveling abroad.
- Offers acute onset of a pre-existing condition coverage for visitors to USA if you are under age 70.
- Plan is ideally suited for parents visiting USA or relatives travel abroad.
- Policy meets the J1 visa coverage requirements set by the U.S. Department of State.
- Quote and Buy Atlas America Insurance online
- Review the Atlas America Insurance Brochure
- Dedicated product website for more information – Atlas America Insurance
Atlas America Insurance Plan Overview
Atlas America Insurance is designed relatives or parents visiting USA, or Atlas International Insurance is for travelers outside America who are going abroad to any foreign country.
- Eligibility: Visitors to USA or international travelers outside their home country (age more than 14 days).
- Policy Maximum: Plan offers maximum coverage from US$50,000 to US$1,000,000 for the life of the plan. For travelers age over 70, the maximum coverage is limited to $100,000 and for 80 years and older it is reduced to $20,000.
- Plan Deductible: Choice of US$0, US$100, US$250, US$500, US$1000 or US$2500 deductible per certificate/renewal period.
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests, urgent care and emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included.
- Duration: Minimum certificate period of 5 days to maximum coverage/renewal period of 1 year (364 days).
- Underwriter: Policy is underwritten by Lloyds, the oldest and largest insurance market in the world.
- Administrator: Plan is administered by HCC Medical Insurance Services, a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings (NYSE:HCC).
Atlas America Insurance Plan Details
Review the plan brochure for coverage benefits or the detailed description of coverage document for plan exclusions and in-depth policy information.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Atlas America Insurance Plan Brochure for policy details.
- Description of Coverage: Review the Atlas America Insurance Description of Coverage for policy exclusions and detailed information.
Atlas America Insurance PPO Network
Atlas Travel Insurance has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers.
- USA Provider Network: Find providers in the U.S. included in Atlas America Insurance – USA PPO Network, provided by Coventry Healthcare.
- International Provider Network: Find international providers within the Atlas America Insurance – International PPO Network.
Atlas America Insurance – Apply to Quote/Buy Online
Quote/Buy Atlas America Insurance instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
Atlas America Insurance – Renew/Extend Coverage
Atlas America Insurance coverage can be extended or renewed to a maximum period of 364 days. A $5 renewal additional fee apples for each renewal application.
- Renew Policy: Extend the policy coverage dates using Atlas America Insurance Renew Online.
Atlas America Insurance Client Zone
Atlas America Insurance client zone for existing policy holders to renew coverage dates, print ID cards, get the proof of coverage letter, submit claims, and more.
Atlas America Insurance – Plan Changes/Notes
Following are the changes and enhancements from August 1, 2012 for Atlas Travel Insurance:
- Acute onset of pre-existing medical condition coverage has been increased from US$20,000 to US$50,000.
- Non-U.S. citizens/residents whose travel excludes the U.S. can purchase up to a 365 day certificate period. All other members are limited to a 364 day certificate period maximum.
- ER treatment for illness – A $200 co-pay will apply (in addition to the deductible) if not admitted to the hospital as an impatient. Only applicable to claims incurred inside the U.S.
- Urgent Care Facility Benefit – Deductible is waved and replaced with a $50 co-pay when claim is incurred at an Urgent Care Facility. Only applicable to claims incurred inside the U.S.
- Cardiovascular Events limited to $50,000 for ages 55-79 with specified contributing conditions. All others limited to overall policy maximum unless pre-ex or acute onset.
- Increased benefit for Return of Minor Children with maximum increased to $50,000 .ç
- Added Local Burial or Cremation Benefit with $5,000 lifetime limit.
- Non-U.S. Citizens permitted a maximum of 30 days per 3 month period incidental home country coverage for Atlas Travel and Atlas Group members.
- Acute onset of dental pain coverage has been increased to a maximum of $250 per certificate period.
- Coverage for adventure sports (previously only available under the Sports Rider) are now included in all Atlas policies at no additional cost.
- Plan Features: The minimum period of coverage that can be purchased under Atlas America Insurance is 15 days and the maximum is 12 months. Atlas America coverage can start as early as next day. You do not need medical records or a physical exam to sign up. Optional Hazardous Activity Coverage is available – Medical Expense coverage for activities normally excluded from coverage such as motorcycling, scuba diving, skiing and whitewater rafting.
- Plan Notes: Hospital Expense Coverage Limit: Up to policy maximum Intensive Care Expense Coverage Limit: Up to policy Maximum Outpatient Doctor Office Coverage Limit: Up to policy Maximum The term “Pre Existing Condition” means any Injury or Illness which was contracted or which manifested itself, or for which treatment or medication was prescribed three (3) years prior to the effective date of this insurance.”