Visitors Insurance covering Pre-existing Conditions, also called Visitor Insurance for Pre-existing Conditions Coverage, also called Visitors Insurance with Pre-existing Coverage, or visitor insurance with acute onset pre-existing condition coverage, are visitor travel/medical/health insurance plans the provide USA visitors and international travelers visiting a foreign country with health coverage for acute-onset of pre-existing medical conditions, and cover sudden and unexpected issues resulting from relapse or sudden recurrence of pre-existing conditions that are otherwise well controlled and stable. Coverage for sudden and unexpected conditions that arises from pre-existing conditions that are otherwise well controlled and stable which is any medical condition the person might have been diagnosed with, or had any treatment for, or is taking any medication for prior to the start date of the insurance. Among the many plan offering, only some visitors medical insurance plans provide visitors insurance coverage for pre-existing conditions. Pre-existing conditions coverage in visitor insurance plans is important to understand if you have elder parents or senior relatives/in-laws who are tourists to US, and for family members visiting the United States (USA) or any foreign destination.
Visitors Insurance Covering Pre-existing Conditions
There is NO visitor insurance plan currently available to purchase that will cover ALL pre-existing conditions. To understand these plans, one must read the policy exclusions which is available in the description of coverage document or plan certificate. Most chronic medical conditions or congenital disorders are typically excluded from any claims. However, it is very common that most senior relatives or parents visiting USA or traveling abroad do have some form of pre-existing conditions such as High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Arthritis, Heart Attack/Disease, Stroke, Kidney Dialysis, Tumors, etc. and require a visitor insurance plan to offer coverage. Currently, all visitor medical insurance plans exclude these pre-existing conditions. Remember that certain plans only offer a limited option of acute-onset of pre-existing conditions for visitors, age and other restrictions apply.
Visitors Insurance Covering Pre-existing Conditions – Comprehensive Plans
Visit the following highlighted links have more information on popular visitor medical insurance plans with comprehensive benefits and provide coverage for acute-onset of pre-existing conditions up to the specified amounts, age and other limitations apply:
- Atlas America Insurance – Comprehensive Coverage up to $2,000,000 maximum. Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition Coverage is available for travelers under age 80, for ages below 70 years, plans covers up to medical maximum for eligible medical expenses and up to $25,000 for Emergency Medical Evacuation. For ages 70-79 years, plan covers up to $100K maximum. COVID-19
- Patriot America Plus Insurance – Comprehensive Coverage up to $1,000,000 maximum. Acute on-set of pre-existing condition for non-US citizens below the age of 70 years is covered up to the selected policy maximum for eligible medical expenses. COVID-19
- Atlas Premium Insurance – High-end comprehensive plan for visiting USA or intl. travel, see any doctor as no coinsurance to meet, liability coverage benefits, higher maximum limits for 80+ age w/ 20K max. COVID-19
- Patriot Platinum Insurance – Best comprehensive plan for visitors to USA or other nations, includes higher limits and liability coverage also. COVID-19
- Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance is a comprehensive plan with up to $1,000,000 maximum, this is a primary insurance plan for ages up to 89 years. Plan includes Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions coverage benefit for ages below 65 years with the maximum amount of $50,000, for ages 65-79 years, this amount is limited to $15,000. COVID-19
- Diplomat America Insurance – Comprehensive non-renewable plan, visit any doctor or hospital as no provider PPO network to stay within. COVID-19
- Diplomat Long Term Insurance – Comprehensive long term plan, minimum 3 months purchase required, max 12 months, renew up to 3 years. COVID-19
- Liaison Travel Plus Insurance – Comprehensive Coverage up to $5,000,000 policy maximum for non-US citizens under age 70, up to US$100,000 included for COVID19 issues, Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition covered.
Visitors Insurance for Pre-existing Conditions Coverage – Limited Benefit Plans
Visit the following highlighted links have more information on cheaper visitor medical insurance plans with benefits that are fixed or limited or scheduled per the Schedule of Benefits or Schedule of Coverage as listed in the corresponding plan brochure. These visitors insurance for pre existing conditions plans provide coverage for acute-onset of pre-existing conditions up to the specified amounts, age and other limitations apply:
- Visitors Care Insurance – Fixed Benefit Coverage up to $100,000. Non-US residents traveling to the USA with age under 70 years, covered up to selected plan maximum limit (Plan A: $25,000, Plan B: $50,000, and Plan C: $100,000) for Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Conditions (subject to sub-limits) for no additional cost. The Emergency Medical Evacuation that arises from this is limited to $25,000. The plan includes an amount of $2500 for heart attack and stroke for people above the age of 70, and $5000 for age below 70 years.
- Visitor Secure Insurance – Fixed or Limited Coverage up to up to $100,000. For visitors under age 70 years, the plan provides coverage for an acute onset of pre-existing conditions. Coverage up to $100,000 Maximum for eligible medical expenses and up to $25,000 for Emergency Medical Evacuation.
- Inbound USA Insurance – Fixed or Limited Coverage up to $100,000 for non-US citizens w/ age under 70 years, covered for an Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition for no extra cost. For ages 70-79, the maximum pre-ex coverage amount is $25,000 only. Coverage is available up to selected policy maximum, per policy period.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Pre-existing Medical Conditions
The common question among elderly relatives or parents visiting USA or travelers going abroad is what do insurance companies use to determine what is considered a pre existing medical condition. First and foremost, one must understand that no medical check-up or examination or prior medical recovers or physicians report is required to purchase short-term visitor medical insurance. The insurance company will rely on information gathered directly from the doctor, hospital, emergency room, or other care provider, and typically order the doctor’s report from the provider directly to review medications prescribed, patient medical history, any onset of symptoms present prior to incident, etc. In some instances, this information is also gathered from the Medical Information Bureau (MIB), where providers share certain medical information.
Precautions for Visitors Who Travel with Pre-existing Conditions
Visitors to USA or travelers outside America with pre-existing conditions have to take extra care while in the United States or any foreign country to avoid possible medical emergencies. Visitors with medical history should always purchase a plan with sudden and unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition coverage, otherwise an emergency due to a pre-existing medical condition may NOT be covered by their plan. There are some visitors insurance covering pre-existing conditions, but this coverage for acute-onset of pre-existing conditions only that are not excluded, age and other limitations apply.
Before deciding on purchasing any visitors insurance covering acute onset of pre-existing conditions or sudden and unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition, review policy coverage and features/benefits and compare visitor insurance plans to find the best visitor insurance for relatives or parents visiting USA offering coverage for acute-onset of pre-existing health conditions.
Pre-existing Conditions Visitors Insurance FAQs
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Pre-existing Conditions with regards to a visitors insurance plan:
Visitor Medical Insurance
- Medical Expenses for Injury or Sickness
- Emergency Medical and Dental Expenses
- Inpatient/Outpatient Surgery Charges
- Sudden Dental Pain and Labs/Diagnostics
- Prescription Drugs and Medication Costs
- Emergency Medical Evacuation/Reunion
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- Affordable Comprehensive or Low-cost Fixed Benefit options
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Flight Accident or Common Carrier Accidental Coverage
- End of Trip Home Country Coverage
- Trip Cancellation and Travel Interruption Benefits
Visitors Insurance Reviews
- Choice of Deductibles which is the amount you will pay prior to payments from the insurance company, deductible range from USD $0 to $2500 or more.
- Comprehensive plans require co-insurance, which is the percentage or amount of covered expenses that you pay, usually for the first USD $5000 in incurred expenses.
- Exclusion for pre-existing medical conditions, certain plans offer acute onset of pre-existing conditions coverage.
- Support for policy extensions or renewals, if coverage is purchased for a minimum period initially.
- Flexibility on your return date with renewable or extendable policies.
- Insurance available even for seniors over 70 and 80 years, ideal for parents or relatives visiting USA.
- The cost of the policy is dependent on age, gender, comprehensive or fixed benefit policy, and duration of stay.
- Reduced rates for dependent children included in the parents plan.
- Most plans can make direct payments to hospitals, laboratories, doctors and heath care provider in PPO Network.
- Secondary coverage: Implies in the event of loss or claim the plan will pay the remaining benefits after all other insurance plans your possess have made payments against the claim.
Visitor Insurance for USA Visitors
Assign top importance to the review and purchase of visitors insurance for parents visiting USA. If you have you moved to the United States from another country, then most likely...
For parents visiting USA from India, the most vital decision that they make, or their children make on their behalf, is the decision to buy a visitor medical insurance plan...
If you or your parents, in-laws or other elderly relatives are planning to travel to the United States of America or Canada, then you need to review best and buy...