Atlas Group Travel Medical Insurance for 5+
Atlas Group Insurance is a comprehensive group plan for 5 or more visitors to the USA or international travers, purchase from 5 up to 364 days, covers acute-onset of pre-existing conditions, includes Covid-19 coverage.
Atlas Group Insurance is a group travel medical insurance plan for groups of 5 or more visitors to USA and/or non-US citizens traveling outside their home country for 5 days up to one year. The Atlas Group Insurance offers 10% discount for group rates comparable to the same Atlas Travel Insurance for individuals.
Atlas Group Travel Medical Insurance plan is an appropriate solution for groups of 5 or more people who are traveling to USA or any other country. The Atlas group travel health insurance comes with all the same benefits as the Atlas Travel Medical Insurance plan for individuals and families, only difference being that you get the Atlas plan premium rate at a 10% discount for group rates.
The Atlas Group Insurance offers two coverage options: Atlas Group America Insurance and Atlas Group International Insurance. Your group can purchase a single policy for all the group members, offering coverage from 5 days up to one year. For whatever reason any group of five or more decides to travel abroad, you can save 10% on group travel insurance for USA or any foreign country by purchasing the Atlas Group travel health insurance.
- Quote and Buy Atlas Group Travel Insurance online, instant ID cards and proof of coverage.
- Review the Atlas Group Travel Insurance Brochure for plan summary of benefits.
- Review Atlas Group Travel Plan Description of Coverage for policy details and exclusions.
- COVID-19: treated as any other eligible illness/sickness.
Atlas Group Insurance plan is administered by WorldTrips (formerly Tokio Marine HCC – Medical Insurance Services Group), and the policy is underwritten by Lloyds, the oldest insurance entity in the world.
Atlas Group Insurance Review
Group Travel Medical for 5+ COVID-19
Atlas Group Insurance Information
Atlas Group Travel Insurance plan is designed groups of business travelers, family groups visiting USA, and tourist groups coming to America for sightseeing, or travel to any international destination, policy is for group of 5 or more travelers visiting USA or traveling abroad outside America and outside of home country.
Atlas Group Insurance Overview
Atlas Group Insurance plan highlights include:
- Eligibility: Groups of 5 or more visiting USA or traveling abroad
- Offers short-term coverage for medical expenses from unexpected injuries or illnesses
- Choice of Medical Maximum selection to fit your group budget
- Choice of individual deductible to keep premiums low
- Coverage for individuals, spouses and/or children visiting USA or travel abroad for a period of 12 months
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of remains included.
- Hospitalization, surgery, prescription drugs, ambulance service, emergency dental treatment and doctor visits.
- Common Carrier Accidental Benefit and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Guarantee issued policy as no medical underwriting to determine eligibility
- Freedom to seek treatment with the hospital or doctor of your choice
- Emergency medical evacuations and repatriation of mortal remains
- Renew online to extend policy coverage dates up to 12 months.
- Immediate coverage available, print virtual ID cards instantly after purchase.
- Underwritten by Lloyd’s and Administered by Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group.
Atlas Group Travel Medical Insurance Details
Atlas Group Travel Medical Insurance plan highlights and policy details are as follows:
- Eligibility: Groups of 5 or more visitors to USA or international travelers outside their home country (age more than 14 days).
- Policy Maximum: Plan offers maximum coverage choices from US$50,000 to US$2,000,000 for the life of the plan. For travelers ages 65 to 79 years, the maximum coverage is limited to $50,000 or $100,000, and for ages 80 years and older it is reduced to only $10,000.
- Plan Deductible: Choice of US$0, US$100, US$250, US$500, US$1000, US$2500 or US$5000 deductible per certificate/renewal period.
- Coinsurance Amount: For treatment received outside the PPO network, 20% coinsurance applies for the first $5000 in eligible expenses beyond the chosen plan deducible. For eligible U.S. claims incurred inside the PPO network, the coinsurance amount is waived and the plans pays 100% after the chosen plan deductible.
- Duration: Minimum certificate period of 5 days to maximum coverage/renewal period of 1 year (364 days).
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included. Please refer to the “Summary of Benefits” table available in the plan brochure for entire list of covered benefits.
- Pre-Existing Conditions: Only acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage is available with this plan for ages below 80 years. For age below 65 years, up to selected medical maximum per coverage period, and up to $25K per coverage period for Emergency Medical Evacuation. For ages 65-79 years, up to $100K medical maximum per coverage period, and for ages above 80 years, this benefit is NOT available. Please refer to the “Description of Coverage” document for plan exclusions which are not covered.
- Review Atlas Group Travel Plan Description of Coverage for policy details and exclusions.
- Underwriter: Policy is underwritten by Lloyds, the oldest and largest insurance market in the world.
- Administrator: Plan is administered by WorldTrips, member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies.
Atlas Group Travel Medical Plan Brochure
Review the plan brochure for coverage summary of benefits.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Atlas Group Travel Insurance Plan Brochure for policy summary of benefits table.
Atlas Group Travel Plan Description of Coverage
Review the plan detailed description of coverage document for plan exclusions and in-depth policy information.
- Description of Coverage: Review Atlas Group Travel Plan Description of Coverage for policy details including detailed information on plan exclusions.
Atlas Group Travel Insurance PPO Network
Atlas Group Travel Visitor Insurance has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers. Search for providers within the PPO network and save on co-insurance charges.
- USA Provider Network: Find doctors, surgeons, hospitals, clinics, labs, diagnostic centers, emergency rooms, urgent care centers, other providers by zip code in the U.S. included in Tokio Marine HCC PPO USA Provider Network, network services provided by UnitedHealthCare or FirstHealth (check back of ID card).
- International Provider Network: Find limited international providers and caregivers outside the United States.
Atlas Group Travel Insurance - Apply to Quote/Buy Online
Quote/Apply/Buy Atlas Group Travel Insurance instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
Atlas Group Travel Insurance - Renew/Extend Coverage
Atlas Group Travel Visitor Insurance coverage can be extended or renewed to a maximum period of 364 days. A $5 renewal additional fee apples for each renewal application.
- Renew Policy: Extend the policy coverage dates using Atlas Group Travel Insurance Renew Online.
Atlas Group Travel Insurance Client Zone
Atlas Group Travel Visitor Insurance client zone for existing policy holders to renew coverage dates, print ID cards, get the proof of coverage letter, submit claims, and more.
Atlas America Cancellation & Refund Rules
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Active Policy: After that effective date, the premium is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
Atlas Group Travel Health Insurance FAQ
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Atlas America insurance plan gathered over many years:
Who is eligible to purchase the Atlas Group America policy?
Groups of 5+ foreign nationals visiting the USA for short term up one year
The Atlas Group America Insurance is available for 5+ foreign nationals who are visiting the United States for a short-term duration of up to 1 year. Groups of 5 or more individuals of any age visiting the United States as a group can purchase the single master group policy. The Atlas Group America Insurance plan is NOT available for US citizens who live permanently outside the USA as expatriates, and are traveling to the USA for a short visit.
Who is eligible to purchase the Atlas Group International policy?
Groups of 5+ US citizens or foreign nationals traveling outside the U.S. for short term up one year
The Atlas Group International Insurance is available for 5+ US citizens or foreign nationals who are traveling outside the United States for a short-term duration of up to 1 year. Groups of 5 or more individuals of any age traveling abroad (excluding America) as a group can purchase the single master group policy under the Atlas Group International Insurance plan.
When should I purchase the Atlas Group Insurance policy?
After your travel dates are confirmed, buy Atlas Group Insurance plan
The best time to purchase the Atlas Group Insurance policy is right after you book your airline tickets for the group. Your group of 5 or more members can also buy coverage before you leave on your trip to America or travel to other nations abroad also. The policy can be purchased even the day before your departure to the United States. If your group have forgotten to purchase coverage, your group can still buy coverage after your arrival to the USA, by entering the start date of coverage as early as same day for the desired effective date.
What are the difference between Atlas Group Insurance plan choices offered?
Medical maximum benefit is different for plan choices selected
Medical maximum benefit is the only differrence for the differnt plan choices. The different plan choices allow you to choose which Medical maximum benefit limit you would like, higher the maximimum, higher the premium cost. All of the plan choices have the same standard benefits with the Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation, Emergency Reunion, Trip Interruption, etc. The medical maximum limit is amount of coverage the plan offers for the different plan choices, which starts at $50,000 USD to $2 Million. This amount is the maximum medical coverage that is offered and any amounts for bills that exceed this is not covered.
Do I have to complete and pay online, or can I mail a paper application?
The online application to purchase the Atlas Group Insurance is easy and fast
The easiest and fastest way to purchase the Atlas Group Insurance plan is to complete the secure application is online by clicking the Quote & Buy button available on the top of this page. Alternatively, you can download, print, complete, and mail/post the paper application with the requisite premium payment (pay by check or a credit card) to the address given on the application form. Please follow the provided instructions in calculating the premiums for the coverage options selected and the postal mailing address to send the application with payment.
Can I buy the Atlas Group Insurance policy now and renew coverage later?
Atlas Group Insurance is renewable or extendable
Atlas Group Insurance allows coverage to be renewed or extended. You can plan your purchase coverage period between 5 days and 364 days (1 year). However, if additional coverage duration is needed after completing the existing policy term, the same policy can be purchased by completing a new online/paper application.
What is the cancellation and refund rules for the Atlas Group Insurance?
Fully refundable prior to start or effective date
All cancellation requests must come as a written request (email) to the plan administrator. To be eligible for a refund, requests received prior to the effective date of coverage are only considered for a full refund. After the effective date of coverage, the premium is considered to be fully earned and hence it is non-refundable. Also, after the start date, partial refunds are not honored. A $25 processing fee applies.
Do you need passport number information to purchase the Atlas Group Insurance policy?
Passport number for primary insured is optional
If you have the passport number of the primary insured person, then you can enter the same. However, this is an optional field and only the the primary insured person’s passport number is entered, and not required for other members of the family.
What are the common terms used in the Atlas Group Insurance?
Medical Maximum, Deductible, Coinsurance are commonly referenced
Medical Maximum is the maximum amount covered under the policy, the plan will pay up to that amount should you need to use the plan by see medical care with the doctor, urgent care, or hospital, etc. Deductible is the amount of medical expenses which the insured person has to meet and cross (accumulated amount) before the plan pays. Higher the deductible selected, lower is the premium cost for the same medical maximum coverage selected. Coinsurance is the percentage amount of covered expenses, after the deductible, which the insured person pays, and applies only for the first $5000 beyond the deductible. Usual, Reasonable & Customary (URC) is for amounts that is actually payed out in the even of a sickness or injury claim. This is based on the local costs for treatment of that same type of claim.