Diplomat International Travel Medical Insurance
Diplomat International Insurance is a comprehensive non-renewable plan for international travelers outside the USA, purchase coverage exactly from 15 up to 365 days.
Diplomat International Insurance is an excellent travel medical insurance policy for international travelers excluding the USA. Diplomat International plan provides comprehensive travel health insurance benefits when traveling outside the United States. The policy is best suited for business or leisure travel by anyone traveling, living, working or studying outside their home country excluding the United States. This plan offers riders for adventure travel and hazardous sports risks also.
International travelers outside the U.S. can avail accident/injury or sickness/illness coverage benefits with Diplomat International plan features such as Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Emergency Dental, Trip Interruption, Lost Baggage, 24-Hour multilingual Worldwide Assistance Services and much more. Diplomat International plan offers seconday coverage for international tourists & travelers, and their spouse and unmarried dependent children (ages 14 days up to 18 years), while traveling outside the USA.
- Quote & Buy Diplomat International online, instant ID cards & coverage letter.
- Review the Diplomat International Brochure for plan summary of benefits.
- Read the Diplomat International Certificate for detailed policy exclusions.
Diplomat International Insurance is suitable for U.S. citizens and other nationals traveling outside America. If you need long term coverage renewable up to 3 years, Diplomat LT Insurance is for individuals and families residing long-term outside their home country. Diplomat America Insurance is suited for USA visitors.
Diplomat International Insurance plan is administered by Global Underwriters, and policy is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) dac.; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Diplomat International Insurance Policy Information
Diplomat International policy is designed for travelers worldwide outside the USA and outside home country.
Diplomat International Insurance Overview
Diplomat International travel medical insurance policy is designed for tourists or international travelers outside the United States and their home country of residence. Diplomat International Insurance plan highlights include:
- Diplomat International for both US citizens and non-U.S. foreign nationals traveling outside America.
- Coverage for age group of minimum of 14 days old onwards up to 80+ years
- Comprehensive plan that provides up to US$1,000,000 medical coverage
- Plan that offers US$100,000 of comprehensive coverage for persons of age group 70 – 80 years
- Senior citizens age 80+ can get US$20,000 of comprehensive coverage
- No PPO network, any hospital or doctor can be consulted
- US$25,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits
- Medical Evacuation and Emergency Reunion benefits included
- Diplomat travel health insurance comes in two available choices: Diplomat America for the foreign nationals visiting USA or traveling to any other foreign country, and Diplomat International for anyone who are traveling abroad to any overseas destination.
- COVID-19: plan still offers coverage for testing/treatment of COVID19 after The World Health Organization (WHO) issued a global pandemic warning, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a level 3 travel warning to avoid nonessential travel.
Diplomat International Plan Details
Diplomat International policy is designed for international travelers and tourists visiting any foreign country outside the US.
- Eligibility: Anyone traveling outside their Home Country and the United States. Coverage is available to the primary insured, a second insured adult, unmarried dependent children, or even if children traveling alone.
- Duration: Minimum period of 5 days initial purchase, to maximum coverage duration of 1 year (365 days).
- Maximum Amount: Plan offers maximum coverage choices for visitors ages below 70 years: Plan A: $50,000, Plan B: $100,000, Plan C: $250,000, Plan D: $500,000, and Plan E: $1,000,000; amounts are for the life of the plan or coverage duration.
For travelers in the ages 70-79 years, maximum coverage is up to $100,000 (plans A and B only), and for travelers 80 years and older, coverage maximum is US$20,000.
- Deductible: Choice of USD $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000, $2500, or $5,000 deductible (accumulated amount) per person per certificate plan period.
- Co-Insurance: No co-Insurance, the plan pays 100% to the Medical Maximum, after you pay up to the selected deductible first. There will be an additional $250 deductible for each emergency room visit as a result of an sickness/illness. The ER deductible will be waived if hospital admittance is within 12 hours of the incident.
- Pre-Existing Condition: Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition (U.S. Citizens Only) with limited coverage is provided for Medical Expenses that result from a sudden and unforeseen recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation: $500,000
- Return of Mortal Remains: $50,000
- Emergency Medical Reunion: $50,000
- Return of Minor Child: $50,000
- In Hospital Indemnity: For U.S. Citizens only, up to $100 per day of confinement up to a maximum of 10 days.
- Interruption of Trip: $5,000
- Loss of Baggage: $50 per article; up to a maximum of $250 checked with a Common Carrier.
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Accident: Usual & Customary expense covered, and Palliative: $100 for emergency treatment for the relief of pain to natural teeth.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000 (Enhanced Benefit Amounts available) with paralysis and
coma, seat belt and airbag, felonious assault and home alteration and vehicle modification benefits.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation: $50,000
- Travel Assistance: Travel assistance services are also available.
- Optional Plan Enhancements: Athletic & Hazardous Activity Benefit available for team and other dangerous sport activity as specified.
- Other Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs.
- Administrator: Diplomat International is administered by Global Underwriters Inc.
- Underwriter: Diplomat International is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) dac.; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Diplomat International Insurance Plan Brochure
Review the plan brochure for coverage benefits or the detailed coverage information for plan exclusions and in-depth policy benefits.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Diplomat International Plan Brochure for policy details.
- Claims Form: Download and submit Diplomat International Claims form for reimbursement of incurred expenses.
Diplomat International Certificate of Insurance & Plan Summary Description
Review the plan sample certificate of insurance for detailed coverage information including policy exclusions and in-depth plan summary of benefits.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Diplomat International Insurance Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy.
Diplomat International PPO Network
Diplomat International has No PPO network, so you can visit any doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers for treatment or medical care.
Diplomat International - Quote/Buy Online or Apply
Quote/Buy Diplomat International Insurance instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
- Quote/Buy Online: Get instant quote & Buy Diplomat International Insurance coverage online.
- Application Form: Complete, mail/fax the Diplomat International Insurance Paper Application along with payment.
Diplomat International - Renew or Extend Coverage Expiration Dates
Diplomat International Insurance coverage cannot be extended or renewed. Please remember to purchase this policy for the entire coverage duration desired, minimum of 5 days and a maximum up to 365 days. The policy terms also cannot be modified or terms altered after the coverage start date.
Diplomat International Cancellation & Refund Rules
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Active Policy: After that effective date, the premium is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
Diplomat International Insurance Plan FAQ
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Diplomat International insurance plan gathered over many years:
Who is eligible to purchase the Diplomat International policy?
Foreign nationals visiting the USA for short term up one year
The Diplomat International plan is available for foreign nationals who are visiting the United States for a short-term duration of up to 1 year. Individuals and/or families of any age visiting the United States can purchase the policy. The plan is NOT available for US citizens who live permanently outside the USA as expatriates, and are traveling to the USA for a short visit.
When should I purchase the Diplomat International policy?
After your travel dates are confirmed, buy Diplomat International plan
The best time to purchase the Diplomat International policy is right after you book your airline tickets. You can also buy coverage before you leave on your trip to America. The policy can be purchased even the day before your departure to the United States. If you have forgotton to purchase coverage, you can still buy coverage after your arrival to the USA, by entering the start date of coverage as early as next day for the desired effective date.
What are the difference between Diplomat International plan choices offered?
Medical maximum benefit is different for plan choices selected
Medical maximum benefit is the only differrence for the differnt plan choices: A, B, C, D & E. The different plan choices allow you to choose which Medical maximum benefit limit you would like, higher the maximimum, higher the premium cost. All of the plan choices have the same standard benefits with the Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation, Emergency Reunion, Trip Interruption, etc. The medical maximum limit is amount of coverage the plan offers for the different plan choices, which starts at $50,000 USD to $1 Million. This amount is the maximum medical coverage that is offered and any amounts for bills that exceed this is not covered.
What is the beneficiary and who should I name as the beneficiary?
Beneficiary can be anyone, typically other than the insured persons
The Diplomat International plan offers Accident Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit paid out in the even of loss of life or loss of limb (arm or leg) that will be paid to beneficiary named to receive this benefit. The beneficiary can be any designated person chosen by the policy holder. It is a good idea to not name the insured persons in the policy as the beneficiary. If you are purchasing this policy for your relatives or parents visiting USA, you can name yourself as the beneficiary.
Do I have to complete and pay online, or can I mail a paper application?
The online application to purchase the Diplomat International plan is easy and fast
The easiest and fastest way to purchase the Diplomat International plan is to complete the secure Diplomat International application is online by clicking the Quote & Buy button available on the top of this page. Alternatively, you can download, print, complete, and mail/post the paper application with the requisite premium payment (pay by check or a credit card) to the address given on the application form. Please follow the provided instructions in calculating the premiums for the coverage options selected and the postal mailing address to send the application with payment.
Can I buy the Diplomat International policy now and renew coverage later?
Diplomat International is NOT renewable or extendable
Diplomat International does NOT allow coverage to be renewed or extended. You can plan your purchase coverage period between 15 days and 365 days (1 year). However, if additional coverage duration is needed after completing the existing policy term, the same policy can be purchased by completing a new online/paper application.
What is the cancellation and refund rules for the Diplomat International plan?
Fully refundable prior to start or effective date
All cancellation requests must come as a written request (email) to the plan administrator. To be eligible for a refund, requests received prior to the effective date of coverage are only considered for a full refund. After the effective date of coverage, the premium is considered to be fully earned and hence it is non-refundable. Also, after the start date, partial refunds are not honored. A $25 processing fee applies.
Do you need passport number information to purchase the Diplomat International policy?
Passport number for primary insured is optional
If you have the passport number of the primary insured person, then you can enter the same. However, this is an optional field and only the the primary insured person’s passport number is entered, and not required for other members of the family.
What are the common terms used in the Diplomat International plan?
Medical Maximum, Deductible, Coinsurance are commonly referenced
Medical Maximum is the maximum amount covered under the policy, the plan will pay up to that amount should you need to use the plan by see medical care with the doctor, urgent care, or hospital, etc. Deductible is the amount of medical expenses which the insured person has to meet and cross (accumulated amount) before the plan pays. Higher the deductible selected, lower is the premium cost for the same medical maximum coverage selected. Coinsurance is the percentage amount of covered expenses, after the deductible, which the insured person pays, and applies only for the first $5000 beyond the deductible. Usual, Reasonable & Customary (URC) is for amounts that is actually payed out in the even of a sickness or injury claim. This is based on the local costs for treatment of that same type of claim.