Diplomat International Travel Medical Insurance Review
International travelers outside the U.S. can avail accident/injury or sickness/illness coverage benefits with Diplomat International plan features such as Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Emergency Dental, Trip Interruption, Lost Baggage, 24-Hour multilingual Worldwide Assistance Services and much more. Diplomat International plan offers seconday coverage for international tourists & travelers, and their spouse and unmarried dependent children (ages 14 days up to 18 years), while traveling outside the USA.
Diplomat International Insurance is suitable for U.S. citizens and other nationals traveling outside America. If you need long term coverage renewable up to 3 years, Diplomat LT Insurance is for individuals and families residing long-term outside their home country. Diplomat America Insurance is suited for USA visitors.
Diplomat International policy is administered by Global Underwriters, and policy is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) dac.; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Quote & Buy Diplomat International online, instant ID cards & coverage letter.
- Review the Diplomat International Brochure for plan summary of benefits.
- Read the Diplomat International Certificate for policy exclusions.
Diplomat International Insurance Review
Diplomat International travel medical insurance policy is designed for tourists or international travelers outside the United States and their home country of residence. Diplomat International Insurance plan highlights include:
- Diplomat International for both US citizens and non-U.S. foreign nationals traveling outside America.
- Coverage for age group of minimum of 14 days old onwards up to 80+ years
- Comprehensive plan that provides up to US$1,000,000 medical coverage
- Plan that offers US$100,000 of comprehensive coverage for persons of age group 70 – 80 years
- Senior citizens age 80+ can get US$20,000 of comprehensive coverage
- No PPO network, any hospital or doctor can be consulted
- US$25,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits
- Medical Evacuation and Emergency Reunion benefits included
- Diplomat travel health insurance comes in two available choices: Diplomat America for the foreign nationals visiting USA or traveling to any other foreign country, and Diplomat International for anyone who are traveling abroad to any overseas destination.
- COVID-19: plan still offers coverage for testing/treatment of COVID19 after The World Health Organization (WHO) issued a global pandemic warning, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a level 3 travel warning to avoid nonessential travel.
Diplomat International Plan Details
Diplomat International policy is designed for international travelers and tourists visiting any foreign country outside the US.
- Eligibility: Anyone traveling outside their Home Country and the United States. Coverage is available to the primary insured, a second insured adult, unmarried dependent children, or even if children traveling alone.
- Duration: Minimum period of 5 days initial purchase, to maximum coverage duration of 1 year (365 days).
Maximum Amount: Plan offers maximum coverage choices for visitors ages below 70 years: Plan A: $50,000, Plan B: $100,000, Plan C: $250,000, Plan D: $500,000, and Plan E: $1,000,000; amounts are for the life of the plan or coverage duration.
For travelers in the ages 70-79 years, maximum coverage is up to $100,000 (plans A and B only), and for travelers 80 years and older, coverage maximum is US$20,000.
- Deductible: Choice of USD $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000, $2500, or $5,000 deductible (accumulated amount) per person per certificate plan period.
- Co-Insurance: No co-Insurance, the plan pays 100% to the Medical Maximum, after you pay up to the selected deductible first. There will be an additional $250 deductible for each emergency room visit as a result of an sickness/illness. The ER deductible will be waived if hospital admittance is within 12 hours of the incident.
- Pre-Existing Condition: Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Condition (U.S. Citizens Only) with limited coverage is provided for Medical Expenses that result from a sudden and unforeseen recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation: $500,000
- Return of Mortal Remains: $50,000
- Emergency Medical Reunion: $50,000
- Return of Minor Child: $50,000
- In Hospital Indemnity: For U.S. Citizens only, up to $100 per day of confinement up to a maximum of 10 days.
- Interruption of Trip: $5,000
- Loss of Baggage: $50 per article; up to a maximum of $250 checked with a Common Carrier.
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Accident: Usual & Customary expense covered, and Palliative: $100 for emergency treatment for the relief of pain to natural teeth.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000 (Enhanced Benefit Amounts available) with paralysis and
coma, seat belt and airbag, felonious assault and home alteration and vehicle modification benefits.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation: $50,000
- Travel Assistance: Travel assistance services are also available.
- Optional Plan Enhancements: Athletic & Hazardous Activity Benefit available for team and other dangerous sport activity as specified.
- Other Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs.
- Administrator: Diplomat International is administered by Global Underwriters Inc.
- Underwriter: Diplomat International is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) dac.; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Diplomat International Insurance – Plan Brochure
Review the plan brochure for coverage benefits or the detailed coverage information for plan exclusions and in-depth policy benefits.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Diplomat International Plan Brochure for policy details.
- Claims Form: Download and submit Diplomat International Claims form for reimbursement of incurred expenses.
Diplomat International Certificate of Insurance
Review the plan sample certificate of insurance for detailed coverage information including policy exclusions and in-depth plan summary of benefits.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Diplomat International Insurance Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy.
Diplomat International has no PPO Network
Diplomat International has no PPO network, so any of the extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers can be visited.
- Provider Network: Diplomat International plan has no PPO network, visit any doctor or hospital.
Diplomat International – Quote/Buy Online or Apply
Quote/Buy Diplomat International Insurance instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
- Quote/Buy Online: Get instant quote & Buy Diplomat International Insurance coverage online.
- Application Form: Complete, mail/fax the Diplomat International Insurance Paper Application along with payment
Diplomat International – Renew/Extend Coverage
Diplomat International Insurance coverage cannot be extended or renewed. Please remember to purchase this policy for the entire coverage duration desired, minimum of 5 days and a maximum up to 365 days. The policy terms also cannot be modified or terms altered after the coverage start date.
Diplomat International Cancellation & Refund
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Active Policy: After that effective date, the premium is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.