Diplomat America Visitor Health Insurance Review
Diplomat America plan provides great medical benefits for foreign nationals while visiting the United States or traveling abroad, plans available for ages 80+ years also. Diplomat America Travel Medical Insurance is available for visitors to USA, and their spouse and unmarried dependent children, ages 14 days up to 18 years, while traveling to the United States. Diplomat America is an ideal visitor health Insurance for parents visiting USA and tourists to the United States.
Diplomat America Visitor Insurance is a non-renewable plan suited for USA visitors needing coverage from 15 days to 1 year, however if you are traveling outside the United States, coverage is available through the Diplomat International and Diplomat Long Term programs. Diplomat International Insurance is suitable for U.S. citizens and other nationals traveling outside America. Diplomat LT Insurance offers long-term coverage for individuals and families residing long-term outside their home country.
Diplomat America Visitor Health Insurance plan is administered by Global Underwriters, and policy is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) dac.; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Quote & Buy Diplomat America online, instant ID cards & coverage letter.
- Review the Diplomat America Brochure for plan summary of benefits.
- Read the Diplomat America Certificate for detailed policy exclusions.
Diplomat America Insurance Review
Diplomat America policy is designed for tourist relatives/parents visiting USA or international travelers to the United States from any foreign home country. Diplomat America Visitor Insurance plan highlights include:
- Diplomat America is travel medical insurance for non-U.S. citizens visiting the USA
- Comprehensive plan that provides up to US$1,000,000 medical coverage
- Plan that offers US$100,000 of comprehensive coverage for persons of age group 70 – 80 years
- Senior citizens age 80+ can get US$20,000 of comprehensive coverage
- No PPO network, any hospital or doctor can be consulted
- Coverage for age group of minimum of 14 days old onwards up to 80+ years
- US$25,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits
- Medical Evacuation and Emergency Reunion benefits included
- Diplomat travel health insurance comes in two available choices: Diplomat America for the foreign nationals visiting USA or traveling to any other foreign country, and Diplomat International for US citizens who are traveling abroad to any overseas destination.
- COVID-19: plan still offers coverage for testing/treatment of COVID19 after The World Health Organization (WHO) issued a global pandemic warning, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a level 3 travel warning to avoid nonessential travel.
Diplomat America Plan Details
Diplomat America policy is designed for anyone traveling to the United States of America, suitable for international travelers and tourists or relatives/parents visiting USA from any foreign country.
- Eligibility: Visitors to USA and any traveling outside their home country to the United States. All applicants must maintain permanent residency outside of the United States. Coverage is available to the primary insured, a second insured adult, unmarried dependent children, or even if children traveling alone.
- Duration: Minimum period of 15 days initial purchase, to maximum coverage duration of 1 year (365 days).
- Maximum Amount: Plan offers maximum coverage choices for visitors ages below 70 years: Plan A: $50,000, Plan B: $100,000, Plan C: $250,000, Plan D: $500,000, and Plan E: $1,000,000; amounts are for the life of the plan or coverage duration. For visitors age 70 – 79 years, maximum coverage choices up to $100,000 (plans A and B only); for travelers 80 years and older, coverage maximum is US$20,000.
- Deductible: Choice of USD $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000, $2500, or $5,000 deductible (accumulated amount) per person per certificate plan period.
Traveling to the United States: After you pay the selected deductible, the plan pays 80% up to $5,000 of eligible costs, then 100% to the Medical Maximum. There will be an additional $250 deductible for each emergency room visit as a result of an Illness. The ER deductible will be waived if hospital admittance is within 12 hours of the incident.
- Pre-Existing Condition: Exclusion: 24 Months prior to the start date of coverage.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation: $500,000
- Return of Mortal Remains: $50,000
- Emergency Medical Reunion: $50,000
- Return of Minor Child: $50,000
- Interruption of Trip: $5,000
- Loss of Baggage: $50 per article; up to a maximum of $250
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Accident: Usual & Customary expense covered, and Palliative: $100
Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000 (Enhanced Benefit Amounts available) with paralysis and
coma, seat belt and airbag, felonious assault and home alteration and vehicle modification benefits.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation: $50,000
- Travel Assistance: Travel assistance services are also available.
- Optional Plan Enhancements: Athletic & Hazardous Activity Benefit available for team and other dangerous sport activity as specified.
- Other Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs.
- Administrator: Diplomat America is administered by Global Underwriters Inc.
- Underwriter: Diplomat America is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) dac.; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Diplomat America Insurance – Plan Brochure
Review the plan brochure for coverage benefits or the detailed coverage information for plan exclusions and in-depth policy benefits.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Diplomat America Plan Brochure for policy details.
- Claims Form: Download and submit Diplomat America Claims form for reimbursement of incurred expenses.
Diplomat America Certificate of Insurance
Review the plan sample certificate of insurance for detailed coverage information including policy exclusions and in-depth plan summary of benefits.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Diplomat America Insurance Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy.
Diplomat America PPO Network
Diplomat America has No PPO network, so any of the extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers can be visited.
- Provider Network: Diplomat America plan has no PPO network, visit any doctor or hospital.
Diplomat America – Quote/Buy Online or Apply
Quote/Buy Diplomat America Insurance instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
- Quote/Buy Online: Get instant quote & Buy Diplomat America Insurance coverage online.
- Application Form: Complete, mail/fax the Diplomat America Insurance Paper Application along with payment
Diplomat America – Renew/Extend Coverage
Diplomat America Insurance coverage cannot be extended or renewed. Please remember to purchase this policy for the entire coverage duration desired. The policy terms also cannot be modified or terms altered after the coverage start date.
Diplomat America Cancellation & Refund
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Active Policy: After that effective date, the premium is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
Diplomat America Insurance Plan FAQ
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Diplomat America insurance plan: