Student Secure Insurance for International Students
Student Secure Insurance is a comprehensive renewable plan for foreign students studying in the USA, or any nation abroad outside home country, purchase coverage from 5 up to 365 days, renew up to 4 years.
Student Secure Insurance is a low-cost plan for international students studying in USA or for foreign students inside or outside America and home country. Quote, review and buy StudentSecure Insurance that provides cheap and affordable student health coverage benefits protection for international students studying in USA, U.S. students studying abroad, or for international students in any foreign destination.
StudentSecure plan is available from a minimum of 31 days up to a maximum of one year (364 days). and can be purchased one month prior to commencement of study. Student Secure Insurance is designed to protect the students health across borders with benefits in Select, Budget and Smart options. Plan features include coverage for doctor visits, inpatient and outpatient hospital expenses, emergency medical evacuation, sports, mental health, maternity (Budget and Select) and more!. Student Secure Insurance is extendable and renewable in whole month periods up to 12 months of continuous coverage.
- Quote and Buy Student Secure Insurance online
- Review the Student Secure Insurance Brochure
- Review Student Secure Plan Description of Coverage for policy details and exclusions.
For detailed StudentSecure plan information, please review the Student Secure Insurance Brochure or the Student Secure Insurance Description of Coverage document for plan details and information. This StdentSecure international student insurance plan is administered by Tokio Marine HCC – Medical Insurance Services Group – A (Excellent) by AM Best rating, and is underwritten by Lloyd’s of London.
Student Secure Insurance Review
International Student Health Plan COVID-19
VIS Product Rating:
Student Secure Insurance Policy Information
StudentSecure Insurance plan provides international student health insurance for foreign students studying in USA or in other nations outside of their home country. Review plan benefit information, policy options, coverage details and quote, buy and purchase policy instantly online.
- Coverage for foreign students and dependent family members
- Student travel medical coverage outside home country
- Affordable plan available in different levels of coverage and premium costs low
- Policy best suited for students studying in USA on a budget
- Included Emergency Medical Evacuations to nearest medical facility
- Return of Mortal Remains or Cremation/Burial
- Freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice
- 24 hour secure access from anywhere in the world
Student Secure Insurance - Plan Overview
Student Secure Insurance policy plan review and highlights of coverage are as follows:
- Eligibility: Medical coverage for students, families and groups while studying abroad
- Coverage for students, groups, and/or their spouses and unmarried dependent children traveling with them
- Four level of benefits available: Elite, Select, Budget, and Smart
- Plan maximums limits up to $500,000 (Elite), $300,000 (Select), $250,000 (Budget), $200,000 (Smart) plans
- Choice of coinsurance options to pay following the chosen deductible amount
- Plans are renewable up to 48 months if minimum of one month is purchased
- Freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice
- Plan meets US student insurance requirements for F-1/F-2/J-1/J-2 visa
- Maternity/newborn care and mental health coverage benefits
- Emergency medical evacuation coverage available
- College sports participation is included in coverage
- Hospitalization, surgery, prescription drugs, ambulance service, emergency dental treatment and doctor visits.
- Return of Mortal Remains/Incidental Home Country Coverage
- Immediate coverage available, print virtual ID cards instantly after purchase.
- COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 vaccine added to eligible list of covered vaccines (benefit amount remains at $150)
- COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2: If purchased policy on or after May 15, 2020, plan will cover eligible medical expenses. If purchased policy prior to May 15, 2020 and after March 27, 2020, NO coverage for testing/treatment (U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have issued a level 3 travel warning to avoid nonessential travel.)
StudentSecure Insurance Plan Details
StudentSecure Insurance policy plan review and highlights of coverage, suitable for international students and scholars studying in USA or in any foreign country.
- Eligibility: International students studying (full-time) outside their home country (age more than 14 days). Medical coverage for students, families and groups while studying abroad.
- Dependents: Coverage for students, groups, and/or their spouses and unmarried dependent children traveling with them.
- Plan Choice: Student Secure offers four levels of benefits: Elite, Select, Budget, and Smart.
- Instant Purchase: Immediate coverage proof available, print virtual ID cards online after purchase.
- Policy Maximum: Plan maximums limits up to $500,000 (Elite), $300,000 (Select), $250,000 (Budget), $200,000 (Smart) plans
- Deductible: Choice of deductible per incident/accident per insured member.
- Coinsurance: Choice of coinsurance options to pay after meeting the chosen deductible amount.
- Duration: Minimum certificate period of 5 days to maximum coverage renewable up to 48 months, if minimum of one month is purchased.
- PPO Network: NO PPO network, freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice.
- US Visa: Plan meets US student insurance requirements for F-1, F-2, J-1, J-2, M-1. M2 visa.
- Pregnancy/Childbirth: Maternity/newborn care included in coverage.
- Mental health covered, benefits include access of Student Health Center.
- MedEvac: Emergency medical evacuation coverage available
- Sports: College sports participation is included in coverage
- Vaccines: COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 vaccine added to eligible list of covered vaccines (benefit amount remains at $150)
- Other Features: Return of Mortal Remains, Incidental Home Country Coverage.
- Coverage Benefits: Hospitalization, surgery, prescription drugs, ambulance service, emergency dental treatment and doctor visits. Covered charges is provided for eligible expenses and/or benefits only, examples include instances of Hospital Room and Board, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Local Ambulance, Prescription Drugs, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Hospital Emergency Room (ER), Pre-admission tests and/or Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, MRI, etc. Please refer to the “Summary of Benefits” table available in the plan brochure for entire list of covered benefits. Only eligible expenses and/or benefits are included, not all treatment instances are covered, not all Rx drugs covered including ongoing prescriptions, please refer to the “Exclusions” section as in the “Description of Coverage” sample document for list of plan exclusions.
- Pre-Existing Conditions: Coverage for Acute onset of pre-existing conditions is available with this plan, provides up to selected Medical Maximum per coverage period, and up to $25K per coverage period for Emergency Medical Evacuation.
- Exclusions: Please refer to the “Description of Coverage” sample document for entire list of excluded items and exact policy term definitions.
- Underwriter: Policy is underwritten by Lloyd’s, the oldest and largest insurance market in the world.
- Administrator: WorldTrips (formerly Tokio Marine HCC – Medical Insurance Services Group) is a coverholder at Lloyd’s, and the plan administrator.
Student Secure Insurance Plan Brochure
Review of the Student Secure Insurance plan brochure for coverage information and summary of benefits along with broad outline of the policy features.
- Plan Brochure: Review of the Student Secure Insurance Brochure for policy information, coverage features and plan summary of benefits.
Student Secure Insurance Description of Coverage
Review of the Student Secure Insurance plan certificate for detailed coverage information and plan exclusions with in-depth policy benefits explanation.
- Description of Coverage: Review all the policy details available in the Student Secure Insurance Description of Coverage which is the sample document certificate.
Student Secure Insurance PPO Network
Student Secure plan has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers.
- Provider Network: Search for providers within the PPO network to save on co-insurance charges using Student Secure Insurance Provider Network.
StudentSecure Insurance - Apply to Quote/Buy Online
Quote/Apply/Buy StudentSecure Insurance instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
StudentSecure Insurance - Renew/Extend Coverage
StudentSecure Insurance coverage can be extended or renewed to a maximum period of 364 days. A $5 renewal additional fee apples for each renewal application.
- Renew Policy: Extend the policy coverage dates using StudentSecure Insurance Renew Online.
StudentSecure Insurance Client Zone
Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group’s StudentSecure Insurance client zone for existing policy holders to renew coverage dates, print ID cards, get the proof of coverage letter, submit claims, and more.
Student Secure Cancellation & Refund Rules
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Active Policy: After that effective date, the premium is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
Student Secure Insurance Plan FAQ
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Student Secure insurance plan gathered over many years:
What are the common terms used in the Student Secure plan?
Medical Maximum, Deductible, Coinsurance are commonly referenced
Medical Maximum is the maximum amount covered under the policy, the plan will pay up to that amount should you need to use the plan by see medical care with the doctor, urgent care, or hospital, etc. Deductible is the amount of medical expenses which the insured person has to meet and cross (accumulated amount) before the plan pays. Higher the deductible selected, lower is the premium cost for the same medical maximum coverage selected. Coinsurance is the percentage amount of covered expenses, after the deductible, which the insured person pays, and applies only for the first $5000 beyond the deductible. Usual, Reasonable & Customary (URC) is for amounts that is actually payed out in the even of a sickness or injury claim. This is based on the local costs for treatment of that same type of claim.