Student Secure Insurance for International Students
Student Secure Insurance is a comprehensive renewable plan for foreign students studying in the USA, or any nation abroad outside home country, purchase coverage from 5 up to 365 days, renew up to 4 years.
Student Secure Insurance is a low-cost plan for international students studying in USA or for foreign students inside or outside America and home country. Quote, review and buy StudentSecure Insurance that provides cheap and affordable student health coverage benefits protection for international students studying in USA, U.S. students studying abroad, or for international students in any foreign destination.
StudentSecure plan is available from a minimum of 31 days up to a maximum of one year (364 days). and can be purchased one month prior to commencement of study. Student Secure Insurance is designed to protect the students health across borders with benefits in Select, Budget and Smart options. Plan features include coverage for doctor visits, inpatient and outpatient hospital expenses, emergency medical evacuation, sports, mental health, maternity (Budget and Select) and more!. Student Secure Insurance is extendable and renewable in whole month periods up to 12 months of continuous coverage.
- Quote and Buy Student Secure Insurance online
- Review the Student Secure Insurance Brochure
- Review Student Secure Plan Description of Coverage for policy details and exclusions.
For detailed StudentSecure plan information, please review the Student Secure Insurance Brochure or the Student Secure Insurance Description of Coverage document for plan details and information. This StdentSecure international student insurance plan is administered by Tokio Marine HCC – Medical Insurance Services Group – A (Excellent) by AM Best rating, and is underwritten by Lloyd’s of London.
Student Secure Insurance Review
International Student Health Plan COVID-19
VIS Product Rating:
Student Secure Insurance Policy Information
StudentSecure Insurance plan provides international student health insurance for foreign students studying in USA or in other nations outside of their home country. Review plan benefit information, policy options, coverage details and quote, buy and purchase policy instantly online.
- Coverage for foreign students and dependent family members
- Student travel medical coverage outside home country
- Affordable plan available in different levels of coverage and premium costs low
- Policy best suited for students studying in USA on a budget
- Included Emergency Medical Evacuations to nearest medical facility
- Return of Mortal Remains or Cremation/Burial
- Freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice
- 24 hour secure access from anywhere in the world
Student Secure Insurance - Plan Overview
Student Secure Insurance policy plan review and highlights of coverage are as follows:
- Eligibility: Medical coverage for students, families and groups while studying abroad
- Coverage for students, groups, and/or their spouses and unmarried dependent children traveling with them
- Four level of benefits available: Elite, Select, Budget, and Smart
- Plan maximums limits up to $500,000 (Elite), $300,000 (Select), $250,000 (Budget), $200,000 (Smart) plans
- Choice of coinsurance options to pay following the chosen deductible amount
- Plans are renewable up to 48 months if minimum of one month is purchased
- Freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice
- Plan meets US student insurance requirements for F-1/F-2/J-1/J-2 visa
- Maternity/newborn care and mental health coverage benefits
- Emergency medical evacuation coverage available
- College sports participation is included in coverage
- Hospitalization, surgery, prescription drugs, ambulance service, emergency dental treatment and doctor visits.
- Return of Mortal Remains/Incidental Home Country Coverage
- Immediate coverage available, print virtual ID cards instantly after purchase.
- COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2: If purchased policy on or after May 15, 2020, plan will cover eligible medical expenses. If purchased policy prior to May 15, 2020 and after March 27, 2020, NO coverage for testing/treatment (U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have issued a level 3 travel warning to avoid nonessential travel.)
Diplomat America Plan Details
Diplomat America policy is designed for anyone traveling to the United States of America, suitable for international travelers and tourists or relatives/parents visiting USA from any foreign country.
- Eligibility: Visitors to USA and any traveling outside their home country to the United States. All applicants must maintain permanent residency outside of the United States. Coverage is available to the primary insured, a second insured adult, unmarried dependent children, or even if children traveling alone.
- Duration: Minimum period of 15 days initial purchase, to maximum coverage duration of 1 year (365 days).
- Maximum Amount: Plan offers maximum coverage Economys for visitors ages below 70 years: Plan A: $50,000, Plan B: $100,000, Plan C: $250,000, Plan D: $500,000, and Plan E: $1,000,000; amounts are for the life of the plan or coverage duration. For visitors age 70 – 79 years, maximum coverage Economys up to $100,000 (plans A and B only); for travelers 80 years and older, coverage maximum is US$20,000.
- Deductible: Economy of USD $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000, $2500, or $5,000 deductible (accumulated amount) per person per certificate plan period.
Traveling to the United States: After you pay the selected deductible, the plan pays 80% up to $5,000 of eligible costs, then 100% to the Medical Maximum. There will be an additional $250 deductible for each emergency room visit as a result of an Illness. The ER deductible will be waived if hospital admittance is within 12 hours of the incident.
- Pre-Existing Condition: Exclusion: 24 Months prior to the start date of coverage.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation: $500,000
- Return of Mortal Remains: $50,000
- Emergency Medical Reunion: $50,000
- Return of Minor Child: $50,000
- Interruption of Trip: $5,000
- Loss of Baggage: $50 per article; up to a maximum of $250
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Accident: Usual & Customary expense covered, and Palliative: $100
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000 (Enhanced Benefit Amounts available) with paralysis and
coma, seat belt and airbag, felonious assault and home alteration and vehicle modification benefits.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation: $50,000
- Travel Assistance: Travel assistance services are also available.
- Optional Plan Enhancements: Athletic & Hazardous Activity Benefit available for team and other dangerous sport activity as specified.
- Other Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs.
- Administrator: Diplomat America is administered by Global Underwriters Inc.
- Underwriter: Diplomat America is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) dac.; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Student Secure Insurance Plan Brochure
Review of the Student Secure Insurance plan brochure for coverage information and summary of benefits along with broad outline of the policy features.
- Plan Brochure: Review of the Student Secure Insurance Brochure for policy information, coverage features and plan summary of benefits.
Student Secure Insurance Description of Coverage
Review of the Student Secure Insurance plan certificate for detailed coverage information and plan exclusions with in-depth policy benefits explanation.
- Description of Coverage: Review all the policy details available in the Student Secure Insurance Description of Coverage which is the sample document certificate.
Student Secure Insurance PPO Network
Student Secure plan has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers.
- Provider Network: Search for providers within the PPO network to save on co-insurance charges using Student Secure Insurance Provider Network.
StudentSecure Insurance - Apply to Quote/Buy Online
Quote/Apply/Buy StudentSecure Insurance instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
StudentSecure Insurance - Renew/Extend Coverage
StudentSecure Insurance coverage can be extended or renewed to a maximum period of 364 days. A $5 renewal additional fee apples for each renewal application.
- Renew Policy: Extend the policy coverage dates using StudentSecure Insurance Renew Online.
StudentSecure Insurance Client Zone
Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group’s StudentSecure Insurance client zone for existing policy holders to renew coverage dates, print ID cards, get the proof of coverage letter, submit claims, and more.
Student Secure Cancellation & Refund Rules
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Active Policy: After that effective date, the premium is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
Student Secure Insurance Plan FAQ
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Student Secure insurance plan gathered over many years:
What are the common terms used in the Student Secure plan?
Medical Maximum, Deductible, Coinsurance are commonly referenced
Medical Maximum is the maximum amount covered under the policy, the plan will pay up to that amount should you need to use the plan by see medical care with the doctor, urgent care, or hospital, etc. Deductible is the amount of medical expenses which the insured person has to meet and cross (accumulated amount) before the plan pays. Higher the deductible selected, lower is the premium cost for the same medical maximum coverage selected. Coinsurance is the percentage amount of covered expenses, after the deductible, which the insured person pays, and applies only for the first $5000 beyond the deductible. Usual, Reasonable & Customary (URC) is for amounts that is actually payed out in the even of a sickness or injury claim. This is based on the local costs for treatment of that same type of claim.