Atlas America Insurance is a top-rated visitor medical insurance plan for visitors to USA, or for international travelers outside America, visiting or staying in USA, or any foreign destination outside home country, for a short term duration. Atlas America Visitor Insurance is designed to take the risk out of travel to the United States, and suited for short-term stay in America, the Atlas Visitor Health Insurance plan includes coverage for sickness/injury, emergency medical evacuation, complications in pregnancy, repatriation of mortal remains, acts of terrorism, and incidental trips home. The Atlas Travel Series is specifically designed to provide best-in-class coverage for sickness, illnesses, injury arising from unforeseen accidents, that occur while an individual or family is visiting USA or traveling outside of their home country. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, Atlas Travel Medical Insurance may be just what you’re looking for. Plans are available for purchase from a minimum of 5 days or up to a maximum of 364 days. In addition to medical benefits for injuries and illnesses/sickness, Atlas America Insurance includes benefits for emergency medical evacuation, repatriation, terrorism, political evacuation, and adventure sports.
Atlas America Visitor Insurance
Atlas Travel Insurance plan highlights include:
- Atlas America Insurance is for worldwide coverage including USA, plan suits foreign nationals visiting USA and traveling outside their home country.
- Atlas International Insurance is for worldwide coverage excluding USA, policy is for US citizens or non-US citizens traveling abroad and outside of the United States of America.
- Offers acute onset of a pre-existing condition coverage for visitors to USA if you are under age 80 years.
- Plan is ideally suited for parents visiting USA or relatives travel abroad.
- Policy meets the J1 visa coverage requirements set by the U.S. Department of State.
- Quote and Buy Atlas America Insurance online
- Review the Atlas America Insurance Brochure
- Dedicated product website for more information – Atlas America Insurance
Atlas America Insurance Plan Overview
Atlas America Visitor Insurance is designed relatives or parents visiting USA, and tourist coming to America for sightseeing, or Atlas International Insurance is for travelers outside America who are going abroad to any foreign country.
- Eligibility: Visitors to USA or international travelers outside their home country (age more than 14 days).
- Policy Maximum: Plan offers maximum coverage from US$50,000 to US$2,000,000 for the life of the plan. For travelers ages 70 to 79 years, the maximum coverage is limited to $250,000 and for ages 80 years and older it is reduced to $20,000.
- Plan Deductible: Choice of US$0, US$100, US$250, US$500, US$1000, US$2500 or US$5000 deductible per certificate/renewal period.
- Coinsurance Amount: For treatment received outside the PPO network, 20% coinsurance applies for the first $5000 in eligible expenses beyond the chosen plan deducible. For eligible U.S. claims incurred inside the PPO network, the coinsurance amount is waived and the plans pays 100% after the chosen plan deductible.
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests, urgent care and emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included.
- Duration: Minimum certificate period of 5 days to maximum coverage/renewal period of 1 year (364 days).
- Underwriter: Policy is underwritten by Lloyds, the oldest and largest insurance market in the world.
- Administrator: Plan is administered by Tokio Marine HCC Medical Insurance Services, a subsidiary of Tokio Marine Group.
Atlas America Insurance Plan Details
Review the plan brochure for coverage benefits or the detailed description of coverage document for plan exclusions and in-depth policy information.
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included. Please refer to the “Summary of Benefits” table available in the plan brochure for entire list of covered benefits.
- Pre-Existing Conditions: Acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage is available with this plan for ages below 80 years. For Age below 70 years, up to selected Medical Maximum per coverage period, and up to $25K per coverage period for Emergency Medical Evacuation. For Ages 70-79 years, up to $100K Medical Maximum per coverage period, and for ages above 80 years, this benefit is not available.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Atlas America Insurance Plan Brochure for policy details.
- Description of Coverage: Review the Atlas America Insurance Description of Coverage for policy exclusions and detailed information.
Atlas America Insurance PPO Network
Atlas Travel Insurance has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers. Search for providers within the PPO network and save on co-insurance charges.
- USA Provider Network: Find doctors, surgeons, hospitals, clinics, labs, diagnostic centers, emergency rooms, urgent care centers, other providers by zip code in the U.S. included in Tokio Marine HCC PPO USA Provider Network, services provided by FirstHealth.
- International Provider Network: Find limited international providers and caregivers outside the United States.
Atlas America Insurance – Apply to Quote/Buy Online
Quote/Buy Atlas America Insurance instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
Atlas America Insurance – Renew/Extend Coverage
Atlas America Visitor Insurance coverage can be extended or renewed to a maximum period of 364 days. A $5 renewal additional fee apples for each renewal application.
- Renew Policy: Extend the policy coverage dates using Atlas America Insurance Renew Online.
Atlas America Insurance Client Zone
Atlas America Visitor Insurance client zone for existing policy holders to renew coverage dates, print ID cards, get the proof of coverage letter, submit claims, and more.
Atlas America Insurance – Plan Changes/Notes
Updated benefits for Atlas Series plans effective July 10, 2018:
- Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Condition benefit is being extended to ages 70-79, with a $100,000 maximum limit.
- The urgent care clinic copay is being reduced from $25 per visit to $15 per visit. This includes walk-in clinics
Updated benefits for Atlas Travel Insurance effective April 1, 2018:
- Newly added Border Protection Benefit of $500.
- Natural Disaster – Replacement Accommodations benefit increased from $100 to $250 per day.
- Political Evacuation Benefit increased from $10,000 to $100,000.
- Emergency Reunion Benefit increased from $50,000 to $100,000.
- Trip Interruption Benefit increased from $5,000 to $10,000
- Urgent Care Facility Co-payment decreased from $50 to $25. This co-payment does not apply to our $0 deductible option.
- Individuals between the ages of 70-79 will be able to select a coverage maximum of up to $250,000 per certificate period.
- Our $200,000 coverage option will be replaced by a $250,000 coverage option.
- Adding a $5,000 deductible option.
- Adding an Emergency Eye Exam benefit.
- Coinsurance will be waived for Outpatient Physical Therapy.
- Recreational Soccer will be a covered sport.
Changes and enhancements from August 1, 2012 for Atlas Travel Insurance:
- Acute onset of pre-existing medical condition coverage has been increased from US$20,000 to US$50,000.
- Non-U.S. citizens/residents whose travel excludes the U.S. can purchase up to a 365 day certificate period. All other members are limited to a 364 day certificate period maximum.
- ER treatment for illness – A $200 co-pay will apply (in addition to the deductible) if not admitted to the hospital as an impatient. Only applicable to claims incurred inside the U.S.
- Urgent Care Facility Benefit – Deductible is waved and replaced with a $50 co-pay when claim is incurred at an Urgent Care Facility. Only applicable to claims incurred inside the U.S.
- Cardiovascular Events limited to $50,000 for ages 55-79 with specified contributing conditions. All others limited to overall policy maximum unless pre-ex or acute onset.
- Increased benefit for Return of Minor Children with maximum increased to $50,000 .
- Added Local Burial or Cremation Benefit with $5,000 lifetime limit.
- Non-U.S. Citizens permitted a maximum of 30 days per 3 month period incidental home country coverage for Atlas Travel and Atlas Group members.
- Acute onset of dental pain coverage has been increased to a maximum of $250 per certificate period.
- Coverage for adventure sports (previously only available under the Sports Rider) are now included in all Atlas Travel policies at no additional cost.
- Plan Features: The minimum period of coverage that can be purchased under Atlas America Insurance is 15 days and the maximum is 12 months. Atlas America coverage can start as early as next day. You do not need medical records or a physical exam to sign up. Optional Hazardous Activity Coverage is available – Medical Expense coverage for activities normally excluded from coverage such as motorcycling, scuba diving, skiing and whitewater rafting.
- Plan Notes: Hospital Expense Coverage Limit: Up to policy maximum Intensive Care Expense Coverage Limit: Up to policy Maximum Outpatient Doctor Office Coverage Limit: Up to policy Maximum The term “Pre Existing Condition” means any Injury or Illness which was contracted or which manifested itself, or for which treatment or medication was prescribed three (3) years prior to the effective date of this insurance.”
Atlas Travel Insurance plan rates will not be increased with the addition of these benefits effective April 1, 2017.
- Coverage Maximum is increased with newly added USD 2 Million coverage period maximum
- Additional Buy-Up with addition of a Natural Disaster Evacuation benefit to the Crisis Management buy-up: Kidnap and Ransom ($90k) + Natural Disaster Evacuation ($10k sublimit).
- Addition of chiropractor care to physical therapy benefit – $50/day (must be ordered by physician).
- Waive the $50 Urgent Care Facility co-pay for the $0 deductible option.
- Removal of the direct-billing-by-provider component that is necessary to waive the coinsurance requirement
- Eligible U.S. claims incurred inside the PPO network will be paid at 100% after the plan’s deductible.
- Provide a Vantage America drug discount card for policies with U.S. as a destination.