Study USA-HealthCare International Student Health Insurance
Study USA Insurance is a medical plan for international students studying in the USA or outside home country, suits F-1 and J-1 visa holders in USA.
Study USA Insurance is an international student medical insurance for foreign students studying in the United States and U.S. Students studying abroad outside the United States of America (USA). Study USA Student Insurance is ideal for international students studying outside their home country (F1 visa or J1 visa in USA). Study USA medical insurance meets or exceeds the requirements set by the American Department of State, Immigration & Naturalization Services and NAFSA. Study USA health insurance is widely accepted by U.S. universities.
Study USA-HealthCare policy is highly adaptable, the following students and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the Study USA-HealthCare Insurance plan:
- Foreign Students Studying in the U.S. – Individuals under age 66 who have valid visa status in the U.S. and are registered and engaged in academic activities at a U.S. school, college or university
- U.S. Registered Students Studying Outside the U.S. – Individuals under age 66 who are registered with a U.S. school, college or university and engaged in academic activities abroad (excluding home country)
- U.S. Permanent Residents Studying Outside the U.S. – Individuals under age 66 who are registered with a school, college or university and engaged in academic activities abroad (excluding home country)
- Dependents – Spouse and/or children (under age 18) of enrolled students may apply for insurance with the student, or within 31 days of birth, legal adoption, marriage, or arrival in the country of study
Study USA HealthCare plan is offered by USI Travel Insurance Services, the policy is administered by WorldTrips (formerly Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group), and coverage is underwritten by Lloyd’s of London, rated A “Excellent” by A.M. Best.
Study USA Insurance Review
Top Visitor Health Insurance USA COVID-19
Study USA Insurance Policy Information
Study USA America Insurance or Study USA-HealthCare plans is an international student medical insurance for foreign students studying in the United States and U.S. Students studying abroad.
Study USA Insurance - Plan Overview
Study USA Insurance plan review and highlights of coverage are as follows:
- Eligiblity: Studying outside home country, 65 years or younger, plan for the enrolled foreign students in USA and their dependent spouse and children (under age 18 years).
- Meets or exceeds most USA-based college/university requirements for international students.
- Coverage duration up to 364 consecutive days, renewable for up to 4 years.
- Choice of medical maximum amount selections based on plan selected.
- No deductible for treatment received at the Student Health Center.
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of remains.
- Hospitalization, surgery, prescription drugs, ambulance service, emergency room treatment and doctor visits.
- Common Carrier Accidental Benefit and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D).
- Quote, review and purchase the Study USA Student Insurance online.
- Immediate coverage available, print virtual ID cards instantly after purchase.
- Renew or extend policy coverage dates, up to total coverage duration of 4 years.
- Plan offered by USI Affinity / Travel Insurance Services.
- COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2: Coverage for testing/treatment included
- Administrator: Policy claims are administered in the United States by Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group.
- Underwriter: Well-backed plan that is underwritten by Lloyd’s.
Study USA Insurance Plan Details
Study USA Insurance policy plan details of coverage benefits as below:
|Policy Maximum||$250,000 per incident / B: $300,000 per incident (Primary insured, dependent – same limit)|
|Plan Life||Each enrollment from 1 month to 12 months. Unlimited renewal upon eligibility within 30 day grace period.|
|Plan Underwriter||Study USA Insurance is underwritten by WorldTrips (formerly Tokio Marine HCCMIS)|
|Provider Network||Study USA Insurance provider network is covered by the UHC/First Health Provider Network.|
|Plan Brochure||Review the Study USA Insurance Brochure for policy information.|
|Quote Buy Online||Get instant online quote, apply and purchase or Buy Study USA Insurance online|
|Plan Renewal||Study USA Insurance policy renewal is available online, Renew Study USA Insurance to extend the coverage.|
Study USA Insurance Plan Brochure
Study USA Insurance Review of the plan brochure for coverage information and summary of benefits along with broad outline of the policy features.
- Plan Brochure: Study USA Insurance Review of the Study USA Insurance Brochure for policy information, coverage features and plan summary of benefits.
Study USA Insurance Certificate
Study USA Insurance Review of the plan certificate for detailed coverage information and plan exclusions with in-depth policy benefits explanation.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Study USA America Insurance Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy document.
Study USA Insurance PPO Network
Study USA plan has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers.
- Provider Network: Search for providers within the PPO network to save on co-insurance charges using Study USA Insurance Provider Network.
Study USA Insurance - Quote/Buy Online or Apply
Quote, apply and buy the Study USA HealthCare policy securely and instantly online. Alternatively, print/ and complete the paper application to send along with the requisite premium amount payment to the address on application.
Study USA Insurance - Renew/Extend Coverage
Study USA Student Travel Insurance coverage duration can be extended or renewed.
- Renew Policy: Plan is renewable, extend the Study USA insurance policy coverage dates, unlimited renewal up to maximum coverage duration, with a 30 day grace period.
Study USA Cancellation & Refund Rules
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Active Policy: After that effective date, the premium is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
Study USA Insurance Plan FAQ
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Study USA Insurance plan gathered over many years:
What are the common terms used in the Study USA Insurance plan?
Medical Maximum, Deductible, Coinsurance are commonly referenced
Medical Maximum is the maximum amount covered under the policy, the plan will pay up to that amount should you need to use the plan by see medical care with the doctor, urgent care, or hospital, etc. Deductible is the amount of medical expenses which the insured person has to meet and cross (accumulated amount) before the plan pays. Higher the deductible selected, lower is the premium cost for the same medical maximum coverage selected. Coinsurance is the percentage amount of covered expenses, after the deductible, which the insured person pays, and applies only for the first $5000 beyond the deductible. Usual, Reasonable & Customary (URC) is for amounts that is actually payed out in the even of a sickness or injury claim. This is based on the local costs for treatment of that same type of claim.