Study USA Insurance is an international student medical insurance for foreign students studying in the United States and U.S. Students studying abroad outside the United States of America (USA). Study USA Student Insurance is ideal for international students studying outside their home country (F1 visa or J1 visa in USA). Study USA medical insurance meets or exceeds the requirements set by the American Department of State, Immigration & Naturalization Services and NAFSA. Study USA health insurance is widely accepted by U.S. universities.
Study USA-HealthCare policy is highly adaptable, the following students and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the Study USA-HealthCare Insurance plan:
- Foreign Students Studying in the U.S. – Individuals under age 66 who have valid visa status in the U.S. and are registered and engaged in academic activities at a U.S. school, college or university
- U.S. Registered Students Studying Outside the U.S. – Individuals under age 66 who are registered with a U.S. school, college or university and engaged in academic activities abroad (excluding home country)
- U.S. Permanent Residents Studying Outside the U.S. – Individuals under age 66 who are registered with a school, college or university and engaged in academic activities abroad (excluding home country)
- Dependents – Spouse and/or children (under age 18) of enrolled students may apply for insurance with the student, or within 31 days of birth, legal adoption, marriage, or arrival in the country of study
Study USA HealthCare plan is offered by USI Travel Insurance Services, the policy is administered by Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group, and coverage is underwritten by Lloyd's of London, rated A “Excellent” by A.M. Best.
- Quote and Buy Study USA Insurance online, instant ID cards and proof of coverage.
- Review the Study USA Insurance Brochure for plan summary of benefits.
Study USA Insurance Review
Study USA Insurance plan review and highlights of coverage are as follows:
- Eligiblity: Studying outside home country, 65 years or younger, plan for the enrolled foreign students in USA and their dependent spouse and children (under age 18 years).
- Meets or exceeds most USA-based college/university requirements for international students.
- Coverage duration up to 364 consecutive days, renewable for up to 4 years.
- Choice of medical maximum amount selections based on plan selected.
- No deductible for treatment received at the Student Health Center.
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of remains.
- Hospitalization, surgery, prescription drugs, ambulance service, emergency room treatment and doctor visits.
- Common Carrier Accidental Benefit and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D).
- Quote, review and purchase the Study USA Student Insurance online.
- Immediate coverage available, print virtual ID cards instantly after purchase.
- Renew or extend policy coverage dates, up to total coverage duration of 4 years.
- Plan offered by USI Affinity / Travel Insurance Services.
- Policy claims are administered in the United States by Tokio Marine HCC – MIS Group.
- Well backed plan that is underwritten by Lloyd's.
- COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2: NO coverage for testing/treatment after March 27, 2020 (U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have issued a level 3 travel warning to avoid nonessential travel.)
Study USA Insurance – Plan Brochure
Review the Study USA Student Health Insurance Brochure which is common for all the plan types.
Study USA Insurance – Certificate Description of Coverage
Review all the Study USA International Student Insurance policy details in the master certificate of coverage wording for the below plan types.
- Study USA HealthCare: Lloyds Certificate
Study USA Insurance – Quote/Buy Online or Apply
Quote, apply and buy the Study USA HealthCare policy securely and instantly online. Alternatively, print/ and complete the paper application to send along with the requisite premium amount payment to the address on application.
- Quote/Buy Online: Get instant quote & Buy Study USA Insurance coverage online.
- Application Form: Complete, mail/fax the Study USA Insurance Paper Application along with the required premium payment.
Study USA Insurance – Renew/Extend Coverage
Study USA Student Travel Insurance coverage duration can be extended or renewed.
- Renew Policy: Plan is renewable, extend the Study USA insurance policy coverage dates, unlimited renewal up to maximum coverage duration, with a 30 day grace period.
Study USA Insurance Details
Study USA Insurance policy plan details of coverage benefits as below:
|Policy Maximum||$250,000 per incident / B: $300,000 per incident (Primary insured, dependent – same limit)|
|Plan Life||Each enrollment from 1 month to 12 months. Unlimited renewal upon eligibility within 30 day grace period.|
|Plan Underwriter||Study USA Insurance is underwritten by The Insurance Company of the State of Pennsylvania, a member of the AIG group of companies.|
|Provider Network||Study USA Insurance provider network is covered by the First Health Provider Network.|
|Plan Brochure||Review the Study USA Insurance Brochure for policy information.|
|Quote Buy Online||Get instant online quote, apply and purchase or Buy Study USA Insurance online|
|Plan Renewal||Study USA Insurance policy renewal is available online, Renew Study USA Insurance to extend the coverage.|