Atlas Essential Insurance for USA Visitors or International Travelers
Atlas Essential Insurance is a basic comprehensive plan for visitors to the USA or international travelers, purchase coverage from 5 up to 364 days, renewable.
Atlas Essential Insurance is the basic comprehensive visitor medical insurance offering with maximum coverage limits up to USD $1 million. This value visitors insurance coverage is specially designed for visitors to USA or international travelers outside home country to any other nation abroad. This visitor health insurance policy offers best coverage benefits including medically supervised emergency evacuations, emergency reunions or repatriation of mortal remain as part of the included benefits.
- Quote and Buy Atlas Essential Insurance online
- Review the Atlas Essential Insurance Brochure
- Review the Atlas Essential Insurance Certificate
Atlas Essential Insurance plan includes optional Hazardous Sports Rider (for risks pertaining to participation in adventure sports) and Home country Return Rider (provides temporary medical coverage for non-US citizens returning to their country of citizenship).
Atlas Essential Travel Medical Insurance is administered by WorldTrips (formerly Tokio Marine HCC – Medical Insurance Services Group), and the policy is underwritten by Lloyds, the oldest insurance entity in the world.
Atlas Essential Insurance Review
Budget Comprehensive Plan for USA & Intl.
VIS Product Rating:
Atlas Essential Visitor Insurance
Atlas Essential Insurance plan highlights include:
- Atlas Essential America is for worldwide coverage including USA, plan suits foreign nationals visiting USA and traveling outside their home country.
- Atlas Essential International is for worldwide coverage excluding USA, policy is for US citizens or non-US citizens traveling abroad and outside of the United States of America.
- Does NOT cover acute onset of a pre-existing condition coverage for visitors to USA.
- Plan is ideally suited for budget conscious travelers visiting USA or for travel abroad internationally.
Atlas Essential Insurance Plan Overview
Atlas Essential America plan is designed business travelers, relatives or parents visiting USA, and tourist coming to America for sightseeing, or Atlas Essential International policy is for travelers outside America who are going abroad to any foreign country.
- Eligibility: Visitors to USA or international travelers outside their home country (age more than 14 days).
- Policy Maximum: Plan offers maximum coverage from US$50,000 to US$2,000,000 for the life of the plan. For travelers ages 70 to 79 years, the maximum coverage is limited to $150,000 and for ages 80 years and older it is reduced to $20,000.
- Plan Deductible: Choice of US$0, US$100, US$250, US$500, US$1000, US$2500 or US$5000 deductible per certificate/renewal period.
- Coinsurance Amount: For treatment received outside the PPO network, 20% coinsurance applies for the first $5000 in eligible expenses beyond the chosen plan deducible. For eligible U.S. claims incurred inside the PPO network, the coinsurance amount is waived and the plans pays 100% after the chosen plan deductible.
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests, urgent care and emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included.
- Duration: Minimum certificate period of 5 days to maximum coverage/renewal period of 1 year (364 days).
- Underwriter: Policy is underwritten by Lloyds, the oldest and largest insurance market in the world.
- Administrator: Plan is administered by WorldTrips, a member of Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies.
Atlas Essential Insurance Plan Details
Review the plan brochure for coverage benefits or the detailed description of coverage document for plan exclusions and in-depth policy information.
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included. Please refer to the “Summary of Benefits” table available in the plan brochure for entire list of covered benefits.
- Pre-Existing Conditions: Acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage is NOT covered, this benefit is NOT available in the Essential plan.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Atlas Essential Insurance Plan Brochure for policy details.
- Description of Coverage: Review the Atlas Essential Insurance Description of Coverage for policy exclusions and detailed information.
Atlas Essential Insurance Plan Brochure
Atlas Essential Insurance Review of the plan brochure for coverage information and summary of benefits along with broad outline of the policy features.
- Plan Brochure: Atlas Essential Insurance Review of the Atlas Essential Insurance Brochure for policy information, coverage features and plan summary of benefits.
Atlas Essential Insurance Certificate
Atlas Essential Insurance Review of the plan certificate for detailed coverage information and plan exclusions with in-depth policy benefits explanation.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Atlas Essential America Insurance Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy document.
Atlas Essential Insurance PPO Network
Atlas Essential Visitor Insurance has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers. Search for providers within the PPO network and save on co-insurance charges.
- USA Provider Network: Find doctors, surgeons, hospitals, clinics, labs, diagnostic centers, emergency rooms, urgent care centers, other providers by zip code in the U.S. included in Tokio Marine HCC PPO USA Provider Network, network services provided by FirstHealth.
- International Provider Network: Find limited international providers and caregivers outside the United States.
Atlas Essential Insurance - Apply to Quote/Buy Online
Quote, Apply & Buy Atlas Essential Insurance instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
- Quote/Buy Online: Get instant quote & Buy Atlas Essential Insurance coverage with online application.
- Application Form: Complete, mail/fax the Atlas Essential Insurance Paper Application along with Essential payment.
Atlas Essential Insurance - Renew/Extend Coverage
Atlas Essential Visitor Insurance plan can be extended or renewed to a maximum period of 364 days. A $5 renewal additional fee apples for each renewal application.
- Renew Policy: Extend the policy coverage dates using Atlas Essential Insurance Renew Online.
Atlas Essential Insurance Client Zone
Atlas Essential Visitor Insurance client zone for existing policy holders to renew coverage dates, print ID cards, get the proof of coverage letter, submit claims, and more.
- Client Zone: Access the Atlas Essential Visitor Insurance Client Zone for existing policyholders.
- Claim Form: Submit the Atlas Essential Visitor Insurance Claim Form along with your bills and other supporting documents on the Client Zone for review and settlement.
Atlas Essential Cancellation & Refund Rules
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of Essential.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid Essential is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Active Policy: After that effective date, the Essential is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
Atlas Essential Insurance Plan FAQ
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Atlas Essential insurance plan gathered over many years:
Who is eligible to purchase the Atlas Essential policy?
Foreign nationals visiting the USA for short term up one year
The Atlas Essential plan is available for foreign nationals who are visiting the United States for a short-term duration of up to 1 year. Individuals and/or families of any age visiting the United States can purchase the policy. The plan is NOT available for US citizens who live permanently outside the USA as expatriates, and are traveling to the USA for a short visit.
What are the common terms used in the Atlas Essential plan?
Medical Maximum, Deductible, Coinsurance are commonly referenced
Medical Maximum is the maximum amount covered under the policy, the plan will pay up to that amount should you need to use the plan by see medical care with the doctor, urgent care, or hospital, etc. Deductible is the amount of medical expenses which the insured person has to meet and cross (accumulated amount) before the plan pays. Higher the deductible selected, lower is the Essential cost for the same medical maximum coverage selected. Coinsurance is the percentage amount of covered expenses, after the deductible, which the insured person pays, and applies only for the first $5000 beyond the deductible. Usual, Reasonable & Customary (URC) is for amounts that is actually payed out in the even of a sickness or injury claim. This is based on the local costs for treatment of that same type of claim.