Atlas Essential Insurance is a low-cost comprehensive visitors medical insurance plan for non-US citizen visiting USA, also suits individuals and/or family traveling to America and outside home country. Atlas Essential is a budget visitors insurance plan with the basic features offering low-end coverage benefits for parents or relatives or tourist visiting USA. This travel medical coverage plan is available to purchase from a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of 364 days (one year), and is extendable/renewable up to 12 months (364 days) of continuous coverage.
Atlas Essential America visitors insurance suits economical travelers needing coverage outside their home country and provides economy coverage features and basic short-term international travel health insurance. Compared to standard Atlas America Insurance policy, the Atlas Essential America Insurance has many restrictions in features to contain costs. The Essential plan excludes coverage for acute onset of pre-existing conditions, sudden and unexpected acute dental pain, complications of pregnancy, emergency reunion, return of minor children, trip cancellation or loss of checked luggage, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Common Carrier Accidental Death benefit, hospital indemnity, identity theft assistance, and natural disaster benefit.
Atlas Essential Insurance plan is administered by Tokio-Marine HCC Medical Insurance Services (HCCMIS) and the policy is underwritten by Lloyds, the oldest insurance entity in the world.
Atlas Essential Visitor Insurance
Atlas Essential Insurance plan highlights include:
- Atlas Essential America is for worldwide coverage including USA, plan suits foreign nationals visiting USA and traveling outside their home country.
- Atlas Essential International is for worldwide coverage excluding USA, policy is for US citizens or non-US citizens traveling abroad and outside of the United States of America.
- Does not cover acute onset of a pre-existing condition coverage for visitors to USA.
- Plan is ideally suited for budget conscious travelers visiting USA or for travel abroad.
- Plan is ideally suited for parents visiting USA or relatives travel abroad.
- Quote and Buy Atlas Essential Insurance online
- Review the Atlas Essential Insurance Brochure
Atlas Essential Insurance Plan Overview
Atlas Essential America plan is designed business travelers, relatives or parents visiting USA, and tourist coming to America for sightseeing, or Atlas Essential International policy is for travelers outside America who are going abroad to any foreign country.
- Eligibility: Visitors to USA or international travelers outside their home country (age more than 14 days).
- Policy Maximum: Plan offers maximum coverage from US$50,000 to US$2,000,000 for the life of the plan. For travelers ages 70 to 79 years, the maximum coverage is limited to $150,000 and for ages 80 years and older it is reduced to $20,000.
- Plan Deductible: Choice of US$0, US$100, US$250, US$500, US$1000, US$2500 or US$5000 deductible per certificate/renewal period.
- Coinsurance Amount: For treatment received outside the PPO network, 20% coinsurance applies for the first $5000 in eligible expenses beyond the chosen plan deducible. For eligible U.S. claims incurred inside the PPO network, the coinsurance amount is waived and the plans pays 100% after the chosen plan deductible.
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests, urgent care and emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included.
- Duration: Minimum certificate period of 5 days to maximum coverage/renewal period of 1 year (364 days).
- Underwriter: Policy is underwritten by Lloyds, the oldest and largest insurance market in the world.
- Administrator: Plan is administered by Tokio Marine HCC Medical Insurance Services, a subsidiary of Tokio Marine Group.
Atlas Essential Insurance Plan Details
Review the plan brochure for coverage benefits or the detailed description of coverage document for plan exclusions and in-depth policy information.
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included. Please refer to the “Summary of Benefits” table available in the plan brochure for entire list of covered benefits.
- Pre-Existing Conditions: Acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage is not covered, this benefit is not available in this plan.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Atlas Essential Insurance Plan Brochure for policy details.
- Description of Coverage: Review the Atlas Essential Insurance Description of Coverage for policy exclusions and detailed information.
Atlas Essential Insurance PPO Network
Atlas Essential Visitor Insurance has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers. Search for providers within the PPO network and save on co-insurance charges.
- USA Provider Network: Find doctors, surgeons, hospitals, clinics, labs, diagnostic centers, emergency rooms, urgent care centers, other providers by zip code in the U.S. included in Tokio Marine HCC PPO USA Provider Network, network services provided by FirstHealth.
- International Provider Network: Find limited international providers and caregivers outside the United States.
Atlas Essential Insurance – Apply to Quote/Buy Online
Quote/Apply/Buy Atlas Essential Insurance instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
Atlas Essential Insurance – Renew/Extend Coverage
Atlas Essential Visitor Insurance plan can be extended or renewed to a maximum period of 364 days. A $5 renewal additional fee apples for each renewal application.
- Renew Policy: Extend the policy coverage dates using Atlas Essential Insurance Renew Online.
Atlas Essential Insurance Client Zone
Atlas Essential Visitor Insurance client zone for existing policy holders to renew coverage dates, print ID cards, get the proof of coverage letter, submit claims, and more.