Visitor Medical Insurance
Best Medical Insurance for Visitors to USA
Visitor Medical Insurance for Visiting the USA
Visitor Medical Insurance is ideal tourist coverage or plan for relatives/parents visiting USA, or for anyone traveling outside home country for business or leisure. Review injury or illness coverage, instantly buy Visitor Medical Insurance today.
Visitor Medical Insurance or medical insurance for visitors are plans that offer visitors insurance coverage for emergency health/medical or dental expenses for anyone visiting USA, or for travel to any other destination country. Adequate visitor insurance coverage is an absolute necessity for medical protection of USA visitors during their stay in America, or in any other foreign location. Visitors to USA and other foreign countries can reduce the financial risk of unforeseen accidents, sickness, or medical emergency by purchasing visitor medical insurance. Visitor health insurance is ideal for all foreign nationals who are tourists in the US, and for parents, relatives and other family members visiting the United States (USA) or any other international destination.
Visitor Medical Insurance or visitors health insurance or health insurance for visitors are plans that offer visitors insurance coverage for emergency health and medical or dental expenses for the traveler visiting the USA or any other destination country. Adequate visitor insurance coverage is a necessity for medical protection of USA visitors during their stay in America or any other foreign location. Visitors to USA and other foreign countries can reduce the financial risk of unforeseen accidents, sickness, or medical emergency by purchasing visitor medical insurance. A good visitor health insurance plan is ideal for all tourists to US, and for parents, relatives and other family members visiting the United States (USA) or any other international destination.
VisitorInsuranceServices.com is your one stop for visitor medical insurance, visitor health insurance, and travel health insurance services. Quote, compare, review, and buy visitors insurance coverage instantly online – no medical check-up or paperwork is required.
Visitor Medical Insurance USA
There are basically two kinds of visitor health insurance policies available for visitors to the United States. These are the fixed scheduled benefitand the comprehensive coverage plans. The fixed benefit plan is low-cost, with this you are required to pay the deductible first and then the insurance company will pay up to the maximum amount for each benefit or procedure as listed in the schedule of benefits. The balance, if any, will then be paid by the plan holder.
On the other hand, the comprehensive coverage plan costs almost double that of the fixed benefit policy. The advantage of this kind of visitor insurance USA plan, however, is that it provides better coverage benefits. Here you are required to pay the deductible first and then the insurance company will generally pay 80 percent for the first five thousand and the plan holder will pay the remaining twenty percent, for a 80:20 co-insurance plan. After the five thousand in incurred costs, the insurance company will pay up to hundred percent of the maximum amount in the policy. Do note that different insurance companies will be providing their own version for the benefits so read the policy and the coverage details carefully and thoroughly.
Visitors Medical Insurance - Things to Consider
- Plan Type: Fixed benefits vs. Comprehensive.
- Maximum Coverage Type: Plan Life vs. Per Incident.
- Deductible Type: Plan Life vs. Per Incident.
- Shortest Initial Policy Period: Some visitor medical insurance policies require you to purchase a certain minimum time period (i.e. 5 days, 1 month, 3 months, annual etc.) to start the policy. Make sure the shortest initial coverage period for the plan is less than the desired period of coverage. Most plans that require 3 month up-front purchase will permit monthly renewals after the initial 3 month purchase.
- Renewal Feature: If you are not certain about your return date, then consider a visitor medical insurance plan that supports renewals. The advantage of renewing an existing policy over purchasing a fresh one after the expiry of the first one include, no fresh co-insurance/deductibles and illness/injuries incurred during the first period of coverage not being classified as pre-existing conditions for the extension.
- Good network of hospitals/doctors: Each plan uses a unique network of hospitals / doctors / clinics / laboratories in your local zip code, so it helps to make there is good number of care providers close to the neighborhood where you will be staying in the United States (USA).
Visitor Medical Insurance COVID-19
Currently, only few visitors health insurance plans with comprehensive benefits include coverage for testing or treatment of coronavirus and COVID19 disease related to the global pandemic. These visitor insurance COVID-19 compliant plans are listed below:
- Atlas America Insurance – Popular plan includes acute-onset or sudden relapse of pre-existing condition coverage for ages below 80 years. For ages 65-79 years, maximum coverage choices limited to $50K or $100K USD, with pre-existing condition coverage maximum limited to $50K or $100K.
- Patriot America Plus – Excellent policy has sudden relapse / acute-onset pre-existing condition benefits for ages below 70 years.
- Patriot Platinum Insurance – Best comprehensive plan for visitors to USA or other nations, includes higher limits and liability coverage also.
- Atlas Premium Insurance – High-end comprehensive plan for visiting USA or intl. travel, higher maximum limits with liability coverage benefits.
- Safe Travels USA Comprehensive – is a travel medical plan that covers foreign nationals (non US-citizens/residents) below 90 years age while visiting the USA, covers Acute Onset of Pre-Existing conditions up to the policy maximum below age 70 years, and offers one Well Visit use per policy.
- Liaison Travel Plus Insurance – Policy w/included coverage for COVID-19 and acute/sudden onset/relapse pre-conditions, lowers benefit amounts for 70+ age.
- Diplomat Long Term Insurance – provides long term sickness and accidental injury coverage, benefits eligibility is for individual or family while traveling outside insured home country. The minimum period of coverage that can be purchased is 3 months, the maximum of 12 months, and offers renewable coverage to extend dates up to 3 years.
- Diplomat America Insurance – plan provides accident and sickness/injury for non-US citizens while traveling outside their home country to the United States. Coverage is available for primary insured, a second adult, unmarried dependent children, or even children traveling alone. The minimum period of coverage that can be purchased is 15 days, the maximum is 364 days, but the policy is NOT renewable.
- Safe Travels USA Cost Saver – is a primary accident/sickness medical insurance policy for foreigners up to age 89 years visiting the United States, also covers travel to other countries including the USA, plan is renewable up to 24 months, includes Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-Existing Medical Condition up to $1,000.
- Atlas Essential Insurance – Basic comprehensive plan for visiting USA or intl. travel, lower maximum limits with affordable costs.
Visitor Insurance Policy Types
Visitor Medical Insurance plans have been available for travelers for many years there are many plans underwritten by various insurance companies. Although there are several Visitor Insurance plans, one can classify them into two broad categories – Fixed Benefits Plans and Comprehensive Plans.
Comprehensive Visitor Insurance Plans
Visitor insurance policies typically do not have benefit limits based on the type of medical expense. Usually benefits for covered medical expenses go all the way up to the policy maximum (less deductible and co-insurance).
Typically for all covered medical expenses during the policy period the insured pays the deductible plus 20% of the first $5,000; and then the plan pays 100% of the eligible medical expenses up to the policy maximum.
The details for each visitors insurance policy such as the policy maximum, medical expense eligibility etc. are listed in the policy brochure.
Comprehensive medical insurance for visitors typically recommend or require you to use the hospitals and doctors in the PPO network. The advantage of using hospitals and doctors within a set preferred provider organization (PPO) network include minimizing your co-insurance amounts as hospitals/doctors bill is paid out at pre-negotiated discounted rate.
Comprehensive coverage visitors medical insurance plans have relatively higher premiums, but in turn offer better benefits than the scheduled or fixed benefit coverage.
NOTE: Policies that include coverage for the global COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus disease pandemic are marked: COVID-19
- Atlas America Insurance COVID-19
- Patriot America Plus COVID-19
- Patriot Platinum Insurance COVID-19
- Atlas Premium Insurance COVID-19
- Safe Travels USA Comprehensive COVID-19
- Diplomat Long Term COVID-19
- Diplomat America Insurance COVID-19
- Safe Travels USA Cost Saver COVID-19
- Safe Travels USA COVID-19
- Liaison Travel Plus Insurance COVID-19
- Visit USA Insurance COVID-19
- Patriot America Insurance
- Atlas Essential Insurance COVID-19
- Liaison Choice Insurance
- Liaison Elite Insurance
- Liaison Basic Insurance
Fixed Benefit Visitor Plans
Fixed benefit visitor medical insurance plans are affordable low-cost policies are characterized by various benefit limits for each type of covered medical expense. These benefit limits typically are not the same as the policy maximum.
For example, a policy with a $50,000 maximum limit may feature up to a maximum of $2000 for surgery, up to a maximum of $500 for diagnostic services (X-rays, scans) etc. The maximum amounts for different medical conditions and situations are detailed in the summary of benefits table in policy brochure.
Typically you are required to pay an initial deductible for each injury or sickness and then the plan pays for the rest of the covered expenses. You will be responsible for all charges in excess of the fixed benefits offered for each type of medical service.
Fixed benefit visitor medical insurance policies have no network of hospitals and doctors; the insured is free to seek treatment at any doctor, clinic, emergency room, urgent care center or hospital of their choice.
Scheduled benefits visitor medical insurance plans have the lowest premiums, but the consumer must be aware that the benefits offered are relatively limited as compared to the comprehensive coverage plans.
Best Visitor Medical Insurance for USA
Review and buy the best visitor medical insurance plan for visiting USA, featuring popular plans offering a wide choice of benefits or top-rated comprehensive visitors insurance plans at affordable premiums, or fixed visitor insurance coverage with low-cost rates.
Visitor Medical Insurance Review
Visitors Health Insurance plans focus on providing cover for your medical expenses resulting from emergency illness or accidental injuries during your travel to any country. You can review, compare, quote, apply, purchase and/or buy visitors medical insurance plans online and you can specify the cover start date.
Medical insurance for visitors will also provide sickness or injury coverage for trips to a foreign country of residency from five days upto 3 years, and offer plans with many levels of insurance coverage benefits (maximum benefit range from $50,000 to $1,000,000 or more), various deductible levels (from $0 to $2500) and many options that can added (additional cover for hazardous sports, athletics, terrorism, etc).
Visitor Medical Insurance Features
Some of the commonly included salient features in visitor medical insurance plans are:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Sudden dental pain covered
- Prescription drugs and labs/diagnostics
- Acute onset/relapse of pre-existing condition coverage
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Cremation or burial costs
- Emergency medical reunion
- Accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Flight accident or common carrier accidental benefit
- Home country coverage on return
- Trip cancellation
- Trip interruption
Medical Insurance for Visitors Overview
- Various levels of Deductibles and Co-insurance: Deductibles (the amount you will pay prior to payments from the insurance company) range from $0 to $2500. Co-insurance is the percentage or amount of covered expenses that you pay.
- Exclusion for cover of pre-existing medical conditions
- Secondary coverage: Implies in the event of loss or claim the plan will pay the remaining benefits after all other insurance plans your possess have made payments against the claim
- Support for policy extensions or renewals
- Flexibility on your return date with renewable policies
- Insurance available even for seniors over 70 and 80 years also
- The cost of the policy is dependent on age, level of Insurance and length of stay
- Reduced rates for dependent children
- Most plans can make direct payments to hospitals and doctors
Visitor Medical Insurance FAQs
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Visitor Medical Insurance plans. For more answers, please refer to Visitor Medical Insurance FAQ page.
Why you need Visitors Medical Insurance for visiting USA or Canada?
Visitors Medical Insurance for visiting USA or Canada
In USA and Canada, health care is not cheap and even minor sickness can cause large medical expenses, and bills to deal with. Buying visitor medical insurance for visitors to USA is required as serious medical problems while in America can be financially disastrous without visitor medical insurance.
Who can enroll in the Visitor Medical Insurance plans?
Visitors to USA or Canada Can Buy Coverage
Insurance for visitors visa (B-1 or B-2 visitor visa in USA) is a necessary option and can be either comprehensive or have limited benefits plan. The cost for visitor insurance for foreigners visiting USA start as low as a dollar a day and vary depending on the type of visitor medical insurance for visitor in USA. Comprehensive plans are more expensive and fixed benefit plans are cheaper low cost policies. Please use our convenient compare visitor medical insurance pages to evaluate and review the best visitor insurance USA or low-cost cheapest visitors insurance plan for your coverage needs.
Will visitor medical insurance plans work for my relatives or parents visiting USA?
Visitors Health Insurance for Parents Visiting USA
A good visitor medical insurance or visitor visa insurance is strongly mandated when you have senior relatives parents visiting the United States. Visitor medical insurance plans are uniquely designed to meet the needs of in-laws, relatives or parents visiting USA. Many comprehensive visitor insurance plans include coverage for acute onset of pre-existing conditions which is a required benefit for elderly parents visiting USA.
What is the minimum/maximum duration the visitor medical insurance plans can be purchased for?
Minimum and Maximum Duration with Visitors Medical Insurance USA
Visitor medical insurance plans can be purchased prior to start of journey or even during the travel in the host nation. Visitors insurance can be purchased for duration from five days or more, and provide different medical protection and health coverage with varying deductibles. Most plans limit to 364-days or about 1 year, many plans can be renewed for 24 months, and some policies are renewable for up to 3 years also.
Do the Visitors Medical plans cover only inside USA only or during travel also?
Visitors Medical Insurance Covers Outside Home Country
Most of the visitor medical plans are available for both foreign visitors to USA and international travelers. These plans typically cover the travelers outside his or her home country of residence. Foreign nationals visiting USA on a B1 or B2 visitor visa for tourist in the United States can avail this coverage. Visitors from foreign countries need visitors medical insurance, especially visitors from other countries such as India, China, Russia, UK, Vietnam, Philippines, Europe, Mexico, Australia, Brazil and South America. Visitor insurance plans are short term traveler medical insurance plans for protection for the duration of travel, and provide visitors insurance coverage for accident and health expenses during visit and the travelers stay in USA.