Diplomat LT Plan for USA Visitors & International Travelers
Diplomat LT Insurance is a comprehensive renewable long-term plan for visitors to the USA r travelers worldwide, purchase coverage from 3 months and renew up to 3 years.
Diplomat Long Term Insurance, or Diplomat LT, is a long-term visitor health insurance with travel medical insurance coverage for anyone traveling outside their home country, including the USA. Diplomat LT Insurance offers long-term coverage for individuals and families residing long-term outside their home country. The LongTerm plan is especially suitable for senior parents, relatives and other new immigrants or visitors to USA needing longer coverage duration. The visitor travel medical insurance policy provides accident and sickness medical coverage, travel assistance, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefits to foreign nationals while visiting the United States or immigrating to any nation.
- Quote and Buy Diplomat Long Term Insurance online, instant ID cards and proof of coverage.
- Review the Diplomat Long Term Insurance Brochure for plan summary of benefits.
- Review the Diplomat Long Term Insurance Certificate for policy exclusions.
Diplomat LongTerm Travel Insurance is a comprehensive visitor medical protection and travel health coverage for anyone traveling long-term outside their home country. Diplomat LT provides accident, injury and sickness/illness medical coverage, Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits and travel assistance to individuals while traveling outside their home country for a minimum of 3 months. Coverage is available for you, your spouse and unmarried dependent children, ages 14 days up to 18 years, and coverage is only available to persons traveling outside their home country.
Diplomat Long Term plan is administered by Global Underwriters, and policy is underwritten by Crum & Forster SPC; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Diplomat Long Term Insurance Review
Top Visitor Health Insurance USA COVID-19
Diplomat Long-Term Insurance Policy Information
Diplomat Long Term policy is designed for tourist visiting the USA, or international travelers outside the United States traveling long-term to any foreign nation outside home country.
Diplomat Long Term Plan Overview
Diplomat LT (Long Term) plan highlights:
- Visitor health insurance for non-U.S. citizens visiting the USA
- Travel medical insurance for insured traveling internationally
- Comprehensive plan that provides up to US$1,000,000 medical coverage
- Plan that offers US$100,000 of comprehensive coverage for persons of age group 70 – 80 years
- Senior citizens age 80+ can get US$20,000 of comprehensive coverage
- No PPO network, any hospital or doctor can be consulted
- Coverage for age group of minimum of 14 days old onwards up to 80+ years
- Coverage under the Diplomat LT is renewable
- Eligible expenses are based on Regular & Customary charges
- US$50,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits
- Medical Evacuation and Emergency Reunion benefits included
- Coverage for treatment/testing of Covid-19/coronavirus included
Diplomat LongTerm Plan Details
Diplomat LT policy is designed for anyone traveling outside home country for a long duration, such as tourists or relatives/parents visiting USA or international travelers going abroad to any foreign destination country.
- Eligibility: Long-term visitors to the USA or international travelers outside their home country.
- Maximum Amount: Plan offers maximum coverage choices from US$50,000 to US$1,000,000 for the life of the plan. For travelers over 70, maximum coverage of $100,000; for 80 years and older, coverage maximum is US$20,000.
- Deductible: Choice of USD $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000 or $2500 deductible (accumulated amount) per person per plan certificate period.
Traveling to the United States: After you pay the selected deductible, the plan pays 80% up to $5,000 of eligible costs, then 100% to the Medical Maximum. There will be an additional $250 deductible for each emergency room visit as a result of an Illness. The ER deductible will be waived if hospital admittance is within 12 hours of the incident.
Traveling Outside the United States: After you pay your selected deductible this plan will pay 100% of Covered Expenses outside the USA up to the selected plan maximum.
- Duration: Minimum period of 3 months to initial maximum period of 36 months (3 years).
- Pre-Existing Condition: Exclusion: 18 Months prior to the start date of coverage.
Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition (US Citizens only): up to $20,000; ($2,500 for age 65 and older)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation: $500,000
- Return of Mortal Remains: $50,000
- Emergency Medical Reunion: $50,000
- Return of Minor Child: $50,000
- Interruption of Trip: $5,000
- Loss of Baggage: $50 per article; up to a maximum of $250
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Accident: Usual & Customary expense covered, and Palliative: $100
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000 (Enhanced Benefit Amounts available) with paralysis and
coma, seat belt and airbag, felonious assault and home alteration and vehicle modification benefits.
- In-Hospital Indemnity: For US Citizens only), $100 per day to a maximum of 10 days.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation: $50,000
- Optional Plan Enhancements: Athletic & Hazardous Activity Benefit, Home Country Coverage, and War Risk Coverage (available for outside the USA)
- Other Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs.
- Administrator: Diplomat Long Term (LT) is administered by Global Underwriters Inc.
- Underwriter: Diplomat Long Term (LT) is Crum & Forster SPC; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Diplomat LongTerm Insurance Plan Brochure
Review the plan brochure for coverage benefits or the detailed coverage information for plan exclusions and in-depth policy benefits.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Diplomat Long Term Plan Brochure for policy details.
- Claims Form: Download and submit Diplomat Long Term Claims form for reimbursement of incurred expenses.
Diplomat LongTerm Certificate of Insurance & Plan Summary Description
Review the plan sample certificate of insurance for detailed coverage information including policy exclusions and in-depth plan summary of benefits.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Diplomat Long Term Insurance Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy.
Diplomat LT PPO Network
Diplomat Long Term policy has NO PPO network, the plan allows the flexibility to go to any provider, such as doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers, within USA or international, to seek the necessary treatment and care.
- Provider Network: Diplomat Long Term plan has no set PPO network, visit any doctor or hospital.
Diplomat Long Term - Quote/Buy Online or Apply
Quote/Buy Diplomat LongTerm Insurance instantly online or alternatively print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
Diplomat Long Term - Renew or Extend Coverage Expiration Dates
Diplomat LT Insurance coverage can be extended or renewed monthly, up to a 12 months period (1 year). The minimum initial period of coverage that can be purchased is 3 months, the maximum is 365 days. Participant can re-apply for an additional term of 365 days of coverage. Any subsequent new periods of coverage will not include a pre-existing condition limitation and will be issued at the guaranteed rate. A participant is eligible to reapply for up to 2 separate terms from the date of the initial enrollment with this guarantee. The total period of coverage cannot exceed 3 years.
Diplomat Long Term Cancellation & Refund Rules
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Active Policy: After that effective date, the premium is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
Diplomat Long Term Insurance Plan FAQ
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Diplomat Long Term insurance plan gathered over many years:
Who is eligible to purchase the Diplomat Long Term policy?
Foreign nationals visiting the USA for longer term up to three years
The Diplomat Long Term plan is available for foreign nationals who are visiting the United States for a short-term duration of up to 1 year. Individuals and/or families of any age visiting the United States can purchase the Diplomat LT policy. The plan is NOT available for US citizens who live permanently outside the USA as expatriates, and are traveling to the USA for a short visit.
When should I purchase the Diplomat Long Term policy?
After your travel dates are confirmed, buy Diplomat Long Term plan
The best time to purchase the Diplomat Long Term policy is right after you book your airline tickets. You can also buy coverage before you leave on your trip to America, or international travel to any other country. The Diplomat LT policy can be purchased even the day before your departure from your home country. If you have forgotton to purchase coverage, you can still buy coverage after your arrival to the USA, or during your journey abroad in any foreign host country, by entering the start date of coverage as early as next day for the desired effective date.
What are the difference between Diplomat Long Term plan choices offered?
Medical maximum benefit is different for plan choices selected
Medical maximum benefit is the only differrence for the differnt plan choices: A, B, C, D & E. The different plan choices allow you to choose which Medical maximum benefit limit you would like, higher the maximimum, higher the premium cost. All of the plan choices have the same standard benefits with the Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation, Emergency Reunion, Trip Interruption, etc. The medical maximum limit is amount of coverage the plan offers for the different plan choices, which starts at $50,000 USD to $1 Million. This amount is the maximum medical coverage that is offered and any amounts for bills that exceed this is not covered.
What is the beneficiary and who should I name as the beneficiary?
Beneficiary can be anyone, typically other than the insured persons
The Diplomat LT plan offers Accident Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit paid out in the even of loss of life or loss of limb (arm or leg) that will be paid to beneficiary named to receive this benefit. The beneficiary can be any designated person chosen by the policy holder. It is a good idea to not name the insured persons in the policy as the beneficiary. If you are purchasing this policy for your relatives or parents visiting USA, you can name yourself as the beneficiary.
Do I have to complete and pay online, or can I mail a paper application?
The online application to purchase the Diplomat America plan is easy and fast
The easiest and fastest way to purchase the Diplomat Long Term plan is to complete the secure Diplomat LT application is online by clicking the Quote & Buy button available on the top of this page. Alternatively, you can download, print, complete, and mail/post the paper application with the requisite premium payment (pay by check or a credit card) to the address given on the application form. Please follow the provided instructions in calculating the premiums for the coverage options selected and the postal mailing address to send the application with payment.
Can I buy the Diplomat Long Term policy now and renew coverage later?
Diplomat Long Term is renewable or extendable
Diplomat Long Term does allow coverage to be renewed or extended. You can plan your purchase coverage period between 3 months and 12 months (1 year), and renew coverage for 36 months (3 years) total. Coverage is renewed in months.
What is the cancellation and refund rules for the Diplomat LT plan?
Fully refundable prior to start or effective date
All cancellation requests must come as a written request (email) to the plan administrator. To be eligible for a refund, requests received prior to the effective date of coverage are only considered for a full refund. After the effective date of coverage, the premium is considered to be fully earned and hence it is non-refundable. Also, after the start date, partial refunds are not honored.
Do you need passport number information to purchase the Diplomat Long Term policy?
Passport number for primary insured is optional
If you have the passport number of the primary insured person, then you can enter the same. However, this is an optional field and only the the primary insured person’s passport number is entered, and not required for other members of the family.
What are the common terms used in the Diplomat Long Term plan?
Medical Maximum, Deductible, Coinsurance are commonly referenced
Medical Maximum is the maximum amount covered under the policy, the plan will pay up to that amount should you need to use the plan by see medical care with the doctor, urgent care, or hospital, etc. Deductible is the amount of medical expenses which the insured person has to meet and cross (accumulated amount) before the plan pays. Higher the deductible selected, lower is the premium cost for the same medical maximum coverage selected. Coinsurance is the percentage amount of covered expenses, after the deductible, which the insured person pays, and applies only for the first $5000 beyond the deductible. Usual, Reasonable & Customary (URC) is for amounts that is actually payed out in the even of a sickness or injury claim. This is based on the local costs for treatment of that same type of claim.