Diplomat Long Term Insurance, or Diplomat LT, is a long-term visitor health insurance with travel medical insurance coverage for anyone traveling outside their home country, including the USA. Diplomat LT Insurance offers long-term coverage for individuals and families residing long-term outside their home country. The plan is especially suitable for senior parents, relatives and other new immigrants or visitors to USA needing longer coverage duration. The policy provides accident and sickness medical coverage, travel assistance, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefits to foreign nationals while visiting the United States or immigrating to any nation.
Diplomat LongTerm Travel Insurance is a comprehensive visitor medical protection and travel health coverage for anyone traveling long-term outside their home country. Diplomat LT provides accident, injury and sickness/illness medical coverage, Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits and travel assistance to individuals while traveling outside their home country for a minimum of 3 months. Coverage is available for you, your spouse and unmarried dependent children, ages 14 days up to 18 years, and coverage is only available to persons traveling outside their home country.
Diplomat Long Term plan is administered by Global Underwriters, and is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) dac.; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
- Quote and Buy Diplomat Long Term Insurance online, instant ID cards and proof of coverage.
- Review the Diplomat Long Term Insurance Brochure for plan summary of benefits.
- Review the Diplomat Long Term Insurance Certificate for policy exclusions.
Diplomat Long Term Insurance Review
Diplomat LT (Long Term) plan highlights:
- Visitor health insurance for non-U.S. citizens visiting the USA
- Travel medical insurance for insured traveling internationally
- Comprehensive plan that provides up to US$1,000,000 medical coverage
- Plan that offers US$100,000 of comprehensive coverage for persons of age group 70 – 80 years
- Senior citizens age 80+ can get US$20,000 of comprehensive coverage
- No PPO network, any hospital or doctor can be consulted
- Coverage for age group of minimum of 14 days old onwards up to 80+ years
- Coverage under the Diplomat LT is renewable
- Eligible expenses are based on Regular & Customary charges
- US$50,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits
- Medical Evacuation and Emergency Reunion benefits included
- Medical Evacuation and Emergency Reunion benefits included
- COVID-19: plan still offers coverage for testing/treatment of COVID19 after The World Health Organization (WHO) issued a global pandemic warning, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a level 3 travel warning to avoid nonessential travel.
Diplomat LongTerm Plan Details
Diplomat LT policy is designed for anyone traveling outside home country for a long duration, such as tourists or relatives/parents visiting USA or international travelers going abroad to any foreign destination country.
- Eligibility:Long-term visitors to USA or international travelers outside their home country.
- Maximum Amount: Plan offers maximum coverage choices from US$50,000 to US$1,000,000 for the life of the plan. For travelers over 70, maximum coverage of $100,000; for 80 years and older, coverage maximum is US$20,000.
- Deductible: Choice of USD $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000 or $2500 deductible (accumulated amount) per person per plan certificate period.
Traveling to the United States: After you pay the selected deductible, the plan pays 80% up to $5,000 of eligible costs, then 100% to the Medical Maximum. There will be an additional $250 deductible for each emergency room visit as a result of an Illness. The ER deductible will be waived if hospital admittance is within 12 hours of the incident.
Traveling Outside the United States: After you pay your selected deductible this plan will pay 100% of Covered Expenses outside the USA up to the selected plan maximum.
- Duration: Minimum period of 3 months to initial maximum period of 12 months.
Pre-Existing Condition: Exclusion: 18 Months prior to the start date of coverage.
Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition (US Citizens only): up to $20,000; ($2,500 for age 65 and older)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation: $500,000
- Return of Mortal Remains: $50,000
- Emergency Medical Reunion: $50,000
- Return of Minor Child: $50,000
- Interruption of Trip: $5,000
- Loss of Baggage: $50 per article; up to a maximum of $250
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Accident: Usual & Customary expense covered, and Palliative: $100
Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000 (Enhanced Benefit Amounts available) with paralysis and
coma, seat belt and airbag, felonious assault and home alteration and vehicle modification benefits.
- In-Hospital Indemnity: For US Citizens only), $100 per day to a maximum of 10 days.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation: $50,000
- Optional Plan Enhancements: Athletic & Hazardous Activity Benefit, Home Country Coverage, and War Risk Coverage (available for outside the USA)
- Other Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs.
- Administrator: Diplomat Long Term (LT) is administered by Global Underwriters Inc.
- Underwriter: Diplomat Long Term (LT) is Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) dac.; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Diplomat LongTerm Insurance Plan Brochure
Review the plan brochure for coverage benefits or the detailed coverage information for plan exclusions and in-depth policy benefits.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Diplomat Long Term Plan Brochure for policy details.
- Claims Form: Download and submit Diplomat Long Term Claims form for reimbursement of incurred expenses.
Diplomat LongTerm Certificate of Insurance
Review the plan sample certificate of insurance for detailed coverage information including policy exclusions and in-depth plan summary of benefits.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Diplomat Long Term Insurance Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy.
Diplomat LT PPO Network
Diplomat Long Term policy has NO PPO network, the plan allows the flexibility to go to any provider, such as doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers, within USA or international, to seek the necessary treatment and care.
- Provider Network: Diplomat Long Term plan has no set PPO network, visit any doctor or hospital.
Diplomat LongTerm Quote/Buy Online or Apply
Quote/Buy Diplomat LongTerm Insurance instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
- Quote/Buy Online: Get instant quote & Buy Diplomat Long Term Insurance coverage online.
- Application Form: Complete, mail/fax the Diplomat Long Term Insurance Paper Application along with the premium due payment amount.
Diplomat Long Term – Renew/Extend Coverage
Diplomat LT Insurance coverage can be extended or renewed monthly, up to a 12 months period (1 year). The minimum initial period of coverage that can be purchased is 3 months, the maximum is 365 days. Participant can re-apply for an additional term of 365 days of coverage. Any subsequent new periods of coverage will not include a pre-existing condition limitation and will be issued at the guaranteed rate. A participant is eligible to reapply for up to 2 separate terms from the date of the initial enrollment with this guarantee. The total period of coverage cannot exceed 3 years.