Patriot America Plus Insurance provides comprehensive coverage for visitors to USA, or non-US citizens traveling to America or outside country of residence. Patriot Plus Insurance is a visitors insurance plan for visiting USA, this comprehensive policy is very similar to the standard Patriot America Insurance policy, but the IMG Patriot America Plus policy provides enhanced benefits with the important included feature of acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage up to policy maximum selected for individuals who are aged below 70 years. However, the standard Patriot America plan excludes the “sudden and unexpected recurrence” of pre-existing condition coverage benefit found in the IMG Patriot America Plus policy.
The IMG Patriot America Plus Insurance offers policy maximum amount selection up to $1 million USD, a wide choice of policy deductibles, travel health benefits for sickness/injury with coverage for Acute Onset of Pre-existing Conditions, emergency medical and political evacuation, repatriation, assistance services, and more. The Patriot Plus plan offers competitive and affordable quoted rates for relatives or parents visiting USA, and tourists visiting the United States.
IMG Patriot America Plus is administered by International Medical Group (IMG) and is underwritten by Sirius Specialty Insurance Corporation, which is rated A “Excellent” by A.M. Best.
- Quote and Buy Patriot America Plus Insurance online
- Review the Patriot America Plus Insurance Brochure
- Review the Patriot America Plus Insurance Certificate
Patriot America Plus Insurance Review
The IMG Patriot Plus Visitor Health Insurance policy highlights are as follows:
- COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 / Coronavirus: Patriot America Plus Insurance purchased on or after September 1, 2020 will include coverage up to the plan maximum for COVID-19, if contraction and treatment occur after the policy effective date. For policies effective from March 11, 2020 through August 31, 2020, COVID-19 will be NOT be covered and excluded from coverage. The World Health Organization (WHO) had declared the coronavirus related disease as a pandemic, hence the exclusion applies per the previous policy certificate of insurance document.
- Eligiblity: 14 days old up to 99 years old visiting USA, benefit period up to 12 months.
- Choice of maximum coverage and deductibles
- Common Carrier Accidental Benefit and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Immediate coverage available, print virtual ID cards instantly after purchase.
- Renew online to extend policy coverage dates up to 12 months
- Acute onset of a pre-existing condition coverage for ages below 70 years
- Hospital Room and Board with Intensive Care coverage
- Eligible Health Expenses including Prescription Medication
- Emergency Room Accident or Illness with Local Ambulance
- Dental Treatment related to an Accident or Emergency
- Hospital Daily Indemnity for Incidental Charges
- Wide PPO network of doctors, emergency rooms, urgent care provider
- Coinsurance savings for services within the plan PPO Network
- Emergency Medical Evacuation, Return of Mortal Remains or Cremation/Burial
- Administered by International Medical Group (IMG)
- Underwritten by Sirius Specialty Insurance Corporation
Patriot America Plus Plan Overview
IMG Patriot America Plus Insurance plan is designed for relatives/parents visiting USA or international travelers going abroad to any foreign destination country.
- Eligibility: Visitors to USA or international travelers visiting outside home country of residence.
- Policy Maximum: Plan offers maximum coverage from US$50,000 to US$1,000,000 for the life of the plan. For travelers over 70, the maximum coverage is $50,000 and for 80 years and older it is $10,000.
- Plan Deductible: Choice of US$0, US$100, US$250, US$500, US$1000 or US$2500 deductible per certificate period.
- Coinsurance Amount: For treatment received outside the PPO network, 20% coinsurance applies for the first $5000 in eligible expenses beyond the chosen policy deducible. For eligible U.S. claims incurred inside the PPO network, the coinsurance is waived and the policy pays 100% after the chosen deductible up to the plan maximum selected.
- Duration: Minimum period of 5 days to initial maximum period up to 1 year (364 days).
- Pre-Existing Conditions: Acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage is available with this policy for ages below 70 years.
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included. Please refer to the “Summary of Benefits” table available in the policy brochure for entire list of covered benefits.
- Administrator: Plan is administered by International Medical Group Inc (IMG).
- Underwriter: Policy is underwritten by Sirius Specialty Insurance Corporation.
Patriot America Plus – Plan Brochure
Review the plan brochure for coverage information including the summary of benefits table.
- Plan Brochure: Review the Patriot America Plus Plan Brochure for policy information.
Patriot America Plus – Certificate of Insurance
Review the plan sample certificate of insurance for detailed coverage information including policy exclusions and in-depth policy benefits.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Patriot America Plus Insurance Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy.
Patriot Plus Insurance PPO Network
IMG Patriot America Plus Insurance has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, diagnostic labs, and other caregivers. The plan uses the third-party FirstHealth PPO network and also the United HealthCare PPO network for caregivers and providers.
- Provider Network: Search and find doctors, hospitals, labs, and other providers within the IMG PPO Network to to save on coinsurance charges.
Patriot America Plus Insurance – Quote/Buy Online or Apply
Quote/Apply/Buy instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
Patriot Plus Plan Renew/Extend Coverage
The coverage can be extended or renewed for an unexpired policy certificate to a total maximum period of 364 days. A $5 renewal additional fee apples for each renewal application.
- Renew Policy: Extend the policy coverage dates using IMG Patriot America Plus Plan Renew Online.
Patriot America Plus Insurance Client Dashboard
IMG Patriot America Plus client resources for existing policy holders to renew coverage dates, print ID cards, get the proof of coverage letter, submit claims, and more.
- Client Dashboard: Access the IMG Patriot America Plus coverage on the IMG Client Resources dashboard for existing policyholders.
- Claim Form: Download and submit the IMG Patriot America Plus Claim Form along with your bills and other supporting documents on the IMG Client Resources dashboard for review and settlement.
Patriot Plus Plan Details
Please review the IMG Patriot America Plus policy details and additional information below:
- Injury during Recreational Sports & Activities
- Emergency Medical Evacuation, Reunion or Political Evacuation
- Return of Mortal Remains or Cremation/Burial
- Return of Minor Children
- Coverage outside country of residence
- Trip Interruption and Lost Luggage Coverage
- Coverage for Terrorism, Natural Disaster, Identity Theft
|Patriot America Plus|
|Patriot America Plus Plan Information & Highlights|
|Quote & Buy Online||Buy Patriot America Plus Insurance, receive proof of coverage and ID cards instantly.|
|Review Plan Brochure||Patriot America Plus Insurance Brochure|
|Renew Coverage Online||Renew Patriot Insurance Online, extend coverage dates from 5 days to a total duration of 2 years
Keeps coverage active without letting the policy lapse/expire.
Note: A $5 renewal fee applies each time you renew.
|Plan Eligibility||Non-US citizen visiting USA for business or pleasure.
Note: US citizens living abroad (expats) and visiting the United States are eligible to purchase this policy, based upon primary residency outside the US.
|Area of Coverage||Coverage area is outside home country of primary residency.|
|Coverage Period or Plan Duration||Coverage period minimum length of 5 days to maximum policy duration of 365 days (1 year).|
|Maximum Medical Benefit||Age below 70 years:
Maximum coverage options include: $50,000, $100,000, $500,000 or $1,000,000
Ages 70 to 79 years:
Maximum coverage limited: $50,000
Age 80 years or older:
Maximum coverage limited: $10,000
Note: This overall maximum limit is limit amount applies per person, per certificate period of coverage, as specified by age of member.
This maximum amount excludes Emergency Medical Evacuation, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Common Carrier Accidental Death, and other benefits listed below which have own separate limits.
|Deductible||Options are $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or $2,500 per certificate period.
Note: The deductible is one time, per person, per 12 month period of coverage.
Higher the selected deductible, lower the premium cost paid to purchase for selected maximum coverage.
|Coinsurance||For treatment received within USA:
Inside the PPO Network, policy pays 100% of eligible medical expenses after the deductible up to the overall maximum limit selected.
Outside of the PPO Network, policy pays 80% of eligible medical expenses after the deductible up to $5,000, then 100% to the overall maximum limit.
For treatment received outside the U.S.:
For the certificate period, there is no co-insurance and plan pay 100% of eligible expenses after the deductible up to the overall maximum limit.
Note: Coinsurance is per person per 12 month period of coverage.
Search the PPO network for preferred providers and save on coinsurance costs.
|Preferred Provider PPO Network||Search for doctors/hospitals within the Patriot Insurance Provider PPO Network.
Note: Save on coinsurance costs by selecting a caregiver inside the Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) network.
Access care at any doctor or hospital, even outside the PPO network.
|Inpatient & Outpatient Benefits (Subject to the coinsurance and deductible when applicable, and Usual, Reasonable, and Customary (URC) charges)|
|Inpatient Hospital Room & Board Charges||Hospital Room & Boarding charges, including Laboratory Tests, X-rays, Prescription Medical and other miscellaneous charges
Charges for Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit (ICU) & Surgical Treatment
Pre-admission test before hospital admission
Doctor fees including Surgeon, attending/consulting physician, nurse practitioner, and other medical professionals.
Diagnostic procedures, nursing services, prescription medication.
Home Nursing Care and durable medical equipment costs.
Note: Usual, Reasonable and Customary (URC) up to the maximum covered amount selected.
|Outpatient Medical Expenses||Charges for outpatient surgical treatment, use of outpatient surgical facility
Doctor fees including Surgeon, attending/consulting physician, nurse practitioner, and other medical professionals.
Hospital Emergency Room, Urgent Care, Diagnostic X-rays, CAT scan, PET scan or MRI, Laboratory Services, Prescription Drugs
Note: Usual, Reasonable and Customary (URC) up to the maximum selected.
|Other Treatment & Services||Emergency Dental Treatment for Injury to Sound, Natural Teeth, $300 maximum limit
Local Ambulance & Medical Transport
Mental & Nervous Disorder, & Substance Abuse
Note: Usual, Reasonable and Customary (URC) up to the maximum coverage selected.
|Hospital Room and Board||Average semi-private room rate up to the maximum limit, including nursing services
Note: Hospital Indemnity pays for incidental hospital charges
|Intensive Care Unit||Up to the maximum limit, Usual, Reasonable, and Customary (URC) charges apply.|
|Eligible Medical Expenses||Up to the maximum limit
Note: Usual, reasonable and customary (URC) charges, when covered illness or injury results in hospitalization as inpatient.
|Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition||For Age below 70 years:
Up to the maximum limit for Medical Expenses for treatment of Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition, and
Up to 25,000 per coverage period for Emergency Medical Evacuation
For Age above 70 years:
This benefit is not available if insured is 70 years or older
Note: A sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition which occurs
1. spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of Physician recommendations or symptoms, is of short duration, is rapidly progressive, and requires urgent medical care;
2. after the Effective Date; and
3. prior to the age shown in the Schedule of Benefits/Limits. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
A Pre-existing Condition which is a chronic or congenital condition or that gradually becomes worse over time and/or known, scheduled, required, or expected medical care, drugs or Treatments existing or necessary prior to the Effective Date are not considered to be an Acute Onset.
Only “Acute Onset of Pre-existing conditions” is covered for ages below 70 years for non-U.S. Citizens visiting USA, up to the specified limit for an acute onset of a pre-existing condition if the condition occurs in the United States during your coverage period, and if you receive treatment in the United States within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected recurrence.
|Emergency Room (ER) Services||Up to the maximum limit for accident/injury or illness with inpatient admission.
Note: For treatment inside the U.S., additional $250 co-payment for each use of emergency room for illness, unless member is admitted to the hospital.
No co-payment for emergency room treatment of an injury.
|Evacuation Benefits (Eligible expenses NOT subject to deductible or coinsurance)|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)||Principal sum for accidental death: $25,000
The insured members death must occur within 90 days of the accident
For Dismemberment (Loss of limb or sight) please see the schedule in AD&D benefit section in the policy certificate.
Note: Not subject to deductible or coinsurance.
Excludes loss due to common carrier accident which is separately covered.
|Common Carrier Accidental Death||$50,000 per insured member.
Note: Amounts above are per insured member.
Not subject to deductible or coinsurance.
A $250,000 maximum benefit limit per lifetime and per family applies.
|Emergency Medical Evacuation||Lifetime maximum benefit amount of $1,000,000.
Note: This benefit amount is in addition to the medical maximum.
For acute onset of pre-existing condition, lower amount as specified.
This benefit must be approved in advance and coordinated by the plan administrator.
|Return of Minor Children||Up to $50,000 per certificate period.
Note: This benefit must be approved in advance and coordinated by the policy administrator.
|Return or Repatriation of Mortal Remains||Up to $50,000 Maximum Limit per lifetime for return of the Insured Person’s Mortal Remains or ashes to Country of Residence, or
Up to $5,000 Maximum Limit per Insured Person for preparation, local burial or cremation of the Insured Person’s mortal remains at the place of death.
Note: This benefit must be approved in advance and coordinated by the policy administrator.
|Emergency Reunion||Up to $50,000 maximum limit per lifetime.
Note: This benefit must be approved in advance and coordinated by the plan administrator.
|Terrorism||$50,000 maximum lifetime limit, eligible medical expenses only.
Note: This benefit is not subject to deductible or coinsurance.
|Political Evacuation||$10,000 lifetime maximum.
Note: This benefit must be approved in advance and coordinated by the administrator.
|Recreational Sports & Activities||Up to the maximum limit for non-organized, non-contact sports and non-collision activities.|
|Trip Interruption||$5,000 per certificate period|
|Lost Luggage||$50 per item is paid for checked-in baggage that is lost.
Maximum of $250 per certificate period.
|Incidental Trips||Maximum up to a cumulative two weeks.|
|End-of-Trip Home Country Coverage||Maximum 1 month for every 6 months of continuous coverage.
Subject to a maximum 2 months.
|Emergency Dental||$100 per maximum Limit for necessary treatment of sudden unexpected pain to sound natural teeth.
Usual, Reasonable, & Customary for necessary emergency dental treatment due to an accident.
|Natural Disaster||Replacement accommodations provided with a maximum $250/day for 5 days.|
|Hospital Indemnity||Daily $100 per overnight of inpatient hospitalization charges.
Up to a maximum limit of 10 overnights.
|Identity Theft||$500 lifetime maximum limit|
|Personal liability||Benefit limit of $10,000.
Note: This personal liability benefit is embedded in the coverage.
|Optional Riders – Except enhanced AD&D rider, optional riders apply to all members.|
|Adventure Sports Rider||Age 0 to 49 years: Lifetime Maximum of $50,000.
Age 50 to 59 years: Lifetime Maximum of $30,000.
Age 60 to 64 years: Lifetime Maximum of $15,000.
Age 65+ years: Not available.
|Enhanced AD&D Rider||Up to an additional $400,000.
Note: This benefit is available to the primary insured member only.
|Citizenship Return Rider||Up to the maximum limit.|
|Evacuation Plus Rider||Non-life-threatening medical evacuation only.
Up to a maximum of $25,000. Natural disaster evacuation: Up to a maximum of $5,000.
Note: This benefit is not available to insureds above age 65.
|Patriot America Plus Insurance – Miscellaneous Information|
|Exclusions & Limitations||Exclusions apply, see Exclusions & Limitations section in plan brochure for details|
|Pre-certification Requirements||50% reduction of Eligible Medical Expenses if Pre-certification provisions are not met.
See pre-certification section in plan brochure for details, pre-certification does not guarantee benefits.
|Claims & Reimbursement||Download and print the IMG Claims Form to submit proof of claims for review & reimbursement.
Submit the completed the proof of claim form and file along with the itemized medical bill/s to the plan administrator.
The insured member and/or physician, hospital and other healthcare and medical service providers and suppliers shall have ninety (90) days from the date a claim is incurred.
Note: Plan does not guarantee payment to a healthcare service provider or facility or insured individual for medical expenses until the administrator determines it is an eligible expense.
Direct cashless billing is also available when the healthcare service provider is directly paid for the services rendered.
|Cancellation & Refund||If any claims have been filed with the plan administrator, the premium is fully earned and is non-refundable.
If no claims have been filed with the Company,
1. A cancellation fee of US$50.00 will be charged; and
2. Only whole or full month premiums will be considered as refundable.
Note: A written (email) request is required.
|Client Dashboard||Easy access to the IMG Client Dashboard from anywhere in the world to manage your account.|
|Worldwide Assistance||Access quality service from International Medical Group 24/7 and 365 days of the year.|
|Plan Administrator||International Medical Group handles all claims and policy administration services. IMG is based in Indiana, USA.|
|Insurance Underwriter||Patriot plans are underwritten by Sirius International Insurance Corporation.|
|Ratings of Insurance Underwriter||Sirius is rated A (excellent) by A.M. Best and A- by Standard & Poor’s.|
|Application Form||Print and complete paper application, mail/fax the Patriot America Plus Insurance Application along with premium payment, calculate the quoted rates using the supplied rate table.|
|Quote & Buy Online||Patriot America Plus Insurance Quote|
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is only a summary, be sure to read plan brochure, Certificate of Insurance, and governing policy documents for complete details.
The specified benefits is subject to change, always refer to the plan brochure and program summary or policy certificate for the latest information on the plan.
All coverages and benefits are shown in U.S. Dollar amounts and are per person and per certificate period of coverage unless otherwise noted.
Benefits are subject to the exclusions and limitations and are payable only at Usual, Reasonable and Customary (URC) charges.
Except as specifically indicated otherwise, all benefits are subject to deductible, coinsurance, and are per certificate period.
This insurance is not subject to, and does not provide some of the insurance benefits required by, the United States Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
To receive Evacuation and Return coverage benefits listed, all arrangements for services must be coordinated by plan administrator.
Patriot America Plus Insurance Plan FAQs
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Patriot America Plus insurance plan: