Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Plan for USA or International
Patriot Platinum Insurance is a high-end comprehensive plan, Patriot Platinum America for visitors to the USA, Patriot Platinum International for travel outside America.
Patriot Platinum Insurance is the best comprehensive visitor medical insurance offering with high maximum coverage limits up to USD $8 million. This top rated visitors insurance coverage is specially designed for discerning visitors to USA or international travelers outside home country to any other nation abroad. This visitor health insurance policy offers best coverage benefits including medically supervised emergency evacuations, emergency reunions or repatriation of mortal remain as part of the included benefits.
- Quote and Buy Patriot Platinum Insurance online
- Review the Patriot Platinum Insurance Brochure
- Review the Patriot Platinum Insurance Certificate
Patriot Platinum Insurance plan includes optional Hazardous Sports Rider (for risks pertaining to participation in adventure sports) and Home country Return Rider (provides temporary medical coverage for non-US citizens returning to their country of citizenship).
Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance is administered by International Medical Group, Inc. (IMG) and underwritten by Sirius Specialty Insurance Corporation.
Patriot Platinum Insurance Review
Best Plan for Travel to USA or Intl. COVID-19
Patriot Platinum Insurance Information
Patriot Platinum America Insurance is high-end first-class travel medical and visitor health coverage specially designed for the discerning tourist visiting America, relatives/parents visiting USA, or international travelers going abroad to any foreign destination country.
Patriot Platinum travel health insurance comes in two available choices: Patriot Platinum America for the foreign nationals visiting USA and traveling to any other foreign country, and Patriot International for non-US and US citizens who are traveling abroad to any overseas destination outside the U.S.
- Patriot Platinum America is for foreign residents visiting USA, and traveling outside their home country of residence.
- Patriot Platinum International is for non-US or US citizens traveling abroad outside the United States to any overseas destination.
Patriot Platinum Insurance - Plan Overview
Patriot Platinum Visitor Insurance plan highlights include:
- Eligibility: Visitors to USA or international travelers visiting outside their home country.
- Plan offers acute onset of a pre-existing condition coverage for visitors to USA, for age below 70 years.
- Patriot America Platinum plan is ideally suited for parents visiting USA or relatives travel to America.
- COVID-19: Coverage included for testing/treatment of Coronavirus infection.
- Policy Maximum: Plan offers maximum coverage from US$50,000 to US$1,000,000 for the life of the plan. For travelers over 70, the maximum coverage is $50,000 and for 80 years and older it is $10,000.
- Plan Deductible: Choice of US$0, US$100, US$250, US$500, US$1000 or US$2500 deductible per certificate period.
- Duration: Minimum period of 5 days to initial maximum period of 1 year (364 days).
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included
- Administrator: Plan is administered by International Medical Group Inc. (IMG)
- Underwriter: Policy is underwritten by Sirius Specialty Insurance Corporation, a top rated global specialty underwriter.
Patriot Platinum Plan Details
Patriot Platinum policy is designed for anyone traveling to the United States of America, suitable for international travelers and tourists or relatives/parents visiting USA from any foreign country.
- Eligibility: Visitors to USA and any traveling outside their home country to the United States. All applicants must maintain permanent residency outside of the United States. Coverage is available to the primary insured, a second insured adult, unmarried dependent children, or even if children traveling alone.
- Duration: Minimum period of 15 days initial purchase, to maximum coverage duration of 1 year (365 days).
- Maximum Amount: Plan offers maximum coverage choices for visitors ages below 70 years: Plan A: $50,000, Plan B: $100,000, Plan C: $250,000, Plan D: $500,000, and Plan E: $1,000,000; amounts are for the life of the plan or coverage duration. For visitors age 70 – 79 years, maximum coverage choices up to $100,000 (plans A and B only); for travelers 80 years and older, coverage maximum is US$20,000.
- Deductible: Choice of USD $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000, $2500, or $5,000 deductible (accumulated amount) per person per certificate plan period.
Traveling to the United States: After you pay the selected deductible, the plan pays 80% up to $5,000 of eligible costs, then 100% to the Medical Maximum. There will be an additional $250 deductible for each emergency room visit as a result of an Illness. The ER deductible will be waived if hospital admittance is within 12 hours of the incident.
- Pre-Existing Condition: Exclusion: 24 Months prior to the start date of coverage.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation: $500,000
- Return of Mortal Remains: $50,000
- Emergency Medical Reunion: $50,000
- Return of Minor Child: $50,000
- Interruption of Trip: $5,000
- Loss of Baggage: $50 per article; up to a maximum of $250
- Emergency Dental Treatment: Accident: Usual & Customary expense covered, and Palliative: $100
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000 (Enhanced Benefit Amounts available) with paralysis and
coma, seat belt and airbag, felonious assault and home alteration and vehicle modification benefits.
- Political and Natural Disaster Evacuation: $50,000
- Travel Assistance: Travel assistance services are also available.
- Optional Plan Enhancements: Athletic & Hazardous Activity Benefit available for team and other dangerous sport activity as specified.
- Other Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs.
- Administrator: Patriot Platinum is administered by Global Underwriters Inc.
- Underwriter: Patriot Platinum is underwritten by Allied World Assurance Company (Europe) dac.; rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Patriot Platinum Insurance Plan Brochure
Patriot Platinum Insurance Review of the plan brochure for coverage information and summary of benefits along with broad outline of the policy features.
- Plan Brochure: Patriot Platinum Insurance Review of the Patriot Platinum Insurance Brochure for policy information, coverage features and plan summary of benefits.
Patriot Platinum Insurance Certificate
Patriot Platinum Insurance Review of the plan certificate for detailed coverage information and plan exclusions with in-depth policy benefits explanation.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Patriot Platinum America Insurance Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy document.
Patriot Platinum Insurance PPO Network
Patriot Platinum plan has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers.
- Provider Network: Search for providers within the PPO network to save on co-insurance charges using Patriot Platinum Insurance Provider Network.
Patriot Platinum Insurance - Quote/Buy Online or Apply
Patriot Platinum Insurance - Renew/Extend Coverage
Patriot Platinum Insurance Review of coverage which can be extended or renewed to a maximum period of 364 days. A $5 renewal additional fee apples for each renewal application.
- Renew Policy: Extend the Patriot Platinum America plan coverage dates using Patriot Platinum Insurance Renew Online.
Patriot Platinum Insurance Client Dashboard
Patriot Platinum America plan client resources for existing policy holders to renew coverage dates, print ID cards, get the proof of coverage letter, submit claims, and more.
- Client Dashboard: Access the Patriot Platinum America Plan on the IMG Client Resources dashboard for existing policyholders.
- Claim Form: Download and submit the Patriot Platinum America Plan Claim Form along with your bills and other supporting documents on the IMG Client Resources dashboard for review and settlement.
Patriot Platinum Cancellation & Refund Rules
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium. A a written request (email is fine) is required.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is fully refunded.
- Active Policy: After the effective date of coverage, and if there are outstanding claims, the premium is considered to be fully earned and hence it is non-refundable. Also, after the start date, if the policy has not been used and there are no claims outstanding, whole un-used month refunds are considered for a partial refund, and a $50 cancellation fee also applies.
Patriot Platinum Insurance FAQ
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Patriot Platinum insurance plan gathered over many years:
Who is eligible to purchase the Patriot Platinum policy?
Foreign nationals visiting the USA for short term up one year
The Patriot Platinum plan is available for foreign nationals who are visiting the United States for a short-term duration of up to 1 year. Individuals and/or families of any age visiting the United States can purchase the policy. The plan is also available for US citizens who live permanently outside the USA as expatriates, and are traveling to the USA for a short visit.
When should I purchase the Patriot Platinum policy?
After your travel dates are confirmed, buy Patriot Platinum plan
The best time to purchase the Patriot Platinum policy is right after you book your airline tickets. You can also buy coverage before you leave on your trip to America. The policy can be purchased even the day before your departure to the United States. If you have forgotton to purchase coverage, you can still buy coverage after your arrival to the USA, by entering the start date of coverage as early as next day for the desired effective date.
What are the difference between Patriot Platinum plan choices offered?
Medical maximum benefit is different for plan choices selected
Medical maximum benefit is the only differrence for the differnt plan choices: A, B, C, D & E. The different plan choices allow you to choose which Medical maximum benefit limit you would like, higher the maximimum, higher the premium cost. All of the plan choices have the same standard benefits with the Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation, Emergency Reunion, Trip Interruption, etc. The medical maximum limit is amount of coverage the plan offers for the different plan choices, which starts at $50,000 USD to $1 Million. This amount is the maximum medical coverage that is offered and any amounts for bills that exceed this is not covered.
What is the beneficiary and who should I name as the beneficiary?
Beneficiary can be anyone, typically other than the insured persons
The Patriot Platinum plan offers Accident Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit paid out in the even of loss of life or loss of limb (arm or leg) that will be paid to beneficiary named to receive this benefit. The beneficiary can be any designated person chosen by the policy holder. It is a good idea to not name the insured persons in the policy as the beneficiary. If you are purchasing this policy for your relatives or parents visiting USA, you can name yourself as the beneficiary.
Do I have to complete and pay online, or can I mail a paper application?
The online application to purchase the Patriot Platinum plan is easy and fast
The easiest and fastest way to purchase the Patriot Platinum plan is to complete the secure Patriot Platinum application is online by clicking the Quote & Buy button available on the top of this page. Alternatively, you can download, print, complete, and mail/post the paper application with the requisite premium payment (pay by check or a credit card) to the address given on the application form. Please follow the provided instructions in calculating the premiums for the coverage options selected and the postal mailing address to send the application with payment.
Can I buy the Patriot Platinum policy now and renew coverage later?
Patriot Platinum is NOT renewable or extendable
Patriot Platinum does NOT allow coverage to be renewed or extended. You can plan your purchase coverage period between 15 days and 365 days (1 year). However, if additional coverage duration is needed after completing the existing policy term, the same policy can be purchased by completing a new online/paper application.
What is the cancellation and refund rules for the Patriot Platinum plan?
Fully refundable prior to start or effective date
All cancellation requests must come as a written request (email) to the plan administrator. To be eligible for a refund, requests received prior to the effective date of coverage are only considered for a full refund. After the effective date of coverage, the premium is considered to be fully earned and hence it is non-refundable. Also, after the start date, partial refunds are not honored. A $25 processing fee applies.
Do you need passport number information to purchase the Patriot Platinum policy?
Passport number for primary insured is optional
If you have the passport number of the primary insured person, then you can enter the same. However, this is an optional field and only the the primary insured person’s passport number is entered, and not required for other members of the family.
What are the common terms used in the Patriot Platinum plan?
Medical Maximum, Deductible, Coinsurance are commonly referenced
Medical Maximum is the maximum amount covered under the policy, the plan will pay up to that amount should you need to use the plan by see medical care with the doctor, urgent care, or hospital, etc. Deductible is the amount of medical expenses which the insured person has to meet and cross (accumulated amount) before the plan pays. Higher the deductible selected, lower is the premium cost for the same medical maximum coverage selected. Coinsurance is the percentage amount of covered expenses, after the deductible, which the insured person pays, and applies only for the first $5000 beyond the deductible. Usual, Reasonable & Customary (URC) is for amounts that is actually payed out in the even of a sickness or injury claim. This is based on the local costs for treatment of that same type of claim.