Liaison Student Health Plan for International Scholars
Liaison Student Insurance is an international student health plan for students studying in USA on F-1 or J-1 visa, or while studying worldwide outside home country.
Liaison Student Insurance is a simple and affordable student health insurance plan offering medical coverage for students, scholars and faculty, and their dependent family members who are studying/traveling outside of their home country.
Liaison Student program coverage is available for international students studying in USA or abroad for 5 days to 364 days. Liaison Student plans includes coverage for hospitalization, surgery, prescription drugs, ambulance service, emergency dental treatment, doctor visits and more. To meet the plan eligibility requirements, you must be a full-time student below age 65 years. Coverage is renewable unto 364 days, after which you can re-apply for an additional term.
- Quote and Buy Liaison Student Insurance online
- Review the Liaison Student Insurance Brochure
- Review the Liaison Student Insurance Certificate
Liaison Student plan is an ideal international student health insurance plan for foreign students studying in USA, and international students studying outside their home country. Liaison Student plan is administered by Seven Corners Insurance and is underwritten by Underwritten 100% by Advent, Lloyds Syndicate 780, and is rated A “Excellent” by A.M. Best.
Liaison Travel Choice Insurance is administered by Seven Corners Insurance and is underwritten by Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, London and is rated A “Excellent” by A.M. Best.
Liaison Student Insurance Eligibility to Purchase Coverage
Non-U.S. Citizens Studying in USA: International Students, visiting Faculty, Scholars, or other persons age 13 and older who are temporarily residing outside their Home Country. The Insured must remain engaged in full-time educational or research activities outside their Home Country during the Period of Coverage. Education or research activities shall mean the Insured: 1) is enrolled and participating in an educational, vocational, cultural exchange, or training programs; and 2) has a valid J-1, H-3, F, M, or Q Visa.
U.S. Citizens Studying Abroad: All United States Students, visiting Faculty, Scholars, or other persons with a current passport who are temporarily residing outside the United States and are engaged in full-time educational or research scholar activities.
Liaison Student Travel Insurance
Liaison Student policy offers international student health insurance coverage for foreign nationals and dependents studying in USA, or U.S citizens studying abroad.
Liaison Student Medical Insurance coverage is for international students studying in USA on F-1, F-2, J-1, J-2, or any scholar or student visa.
Liaison Student Insurance - Plan Overview
Liaison Student Insurance Plan provides international student health insurance for non-U.S. citizens studying in USA and for American citizens studying overseas in any nation abroad outside home country. Benefits include sickness/injury coverage including maternity available for foreign students studying in USA and their dependents. Plan meets the J-1 visa requirements also. Enroll for a duration up to 12 months, which can be renewed for longer period. Review plan benefit information, policy options, coverage details and quote, buy and purchase policy online.
- Eligibility: International students under age 65 studying in USA or abroad for 5 days to 364 days.
- Re-apply for an additional period of coverage to extend policy
- Benefits: Hospitalization, surgery, prescription drugs, ambulance service, emergency dental treatment and doctor visits.
- Immediate coverage available, print virtual ID cards instantly after purchase.
- Coverage for student/scholar and dependents
- Non-U.S. citizens studying in USA or U.S. citizens studying abroad
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions covered
- Comprehensive plan with maternity benefits
- Wide network, many hospitals or doctors in PPO network
- Meets F-1/F-2, J-1/J-2, H-3, , M-1, Q-1, or similar visa requirements
- Duration: Coverage for up to 12 months & renew for longer
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included
- Plan Brochure: Review the Liaison Student Insurance Plan Brochure for policy details.
- Claims Form: Download the Liaison Student Insurance Claims form using Seven Corners Insurance claims link.
- Administrator: Administered by Seven Corners Insurance.
- Underwriter: Underwritten by Advent, Lloyds Syndicate.
Diplomat America Plan Details
Liaison Student Health Insurance is designed to protect you during your time away as a student away from home country, whether you are a foreign national studying in the United States for several years or a U.S. citizen studying abroad.
|Quote / Buy Liaison Student Health Insurance Online||Liaison Student Insurance Quote|
|Plan Brochure||Liaison Student Insurance Brochure|
|Plan Selection||U.S. Citizens Studying Abroad: Plan A, B, C, D, E & F
Non-U.S. Citizens Studying in USA: Plan G, H & I
|Length of Coverage Period or Duration||From 5 days to 364 days, renew coverage continuously as long as you remain eligible
Note: Benefit Period corresponds with period of coverage
|Lifetime Medical Maximum Benefit||Primary Member: $250,000 to $1,000,000, Spouse/Dependent: $100,000|
|Per Injury/Illness Maximum Amount||Primary Member: $250,000 to $500,000, Spouse/Dependent: $100,000|
|Deductible per Injury/Illness||Plan B, D, F: $0
Plan A, C, E: $50
Plan G, H, I: In PPO $25; Outside PPO $50
All Plans: Student Health Center: $5 per visit; not subject to deductible
|Copay per Prescription Medication||Plan A, B, C, D, E, F $0 generic & $0 brand name
Plan G, H, I $10 generic & $20 brand name
|Coinsurance Options||Plan A, B, C, D, E, F: 100% to lifetime maximum
Plan H & I: 100% to lifetime maximum
Plan G 80% up to first $10,000, then 100% to lifetime maximum
|Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition||Up to $25,000|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)||$25,000 principal sum for plan participant, $10,000 principal sum for spouse, $5,000 principal sum per dependent|
|Emergency Dental Accident Coverage||$500 per accident|
|Dental Sudden Relief of Pain||$350 (available for plans for 1 month or more)|
|Emergency Medical Evacuation||per injury/illness medical maximum
$25,000 for Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition
|Return or Repatriation of Mortal Remains||Up to $50,000|
|Local Cremation or Burial||Up to $5,000|
|Emergency Medical Reunion||Up to $50,000|
|Political Evacuation||Up to $10,000 lifetime maximum|
|Terrorism covered as any other accident or sickness||Usual, Reasonable and Customary (URC) up to $50,000 Lifetime Maximum|
|Hospital Charges||Inpatient and Outpatient services covered|
|Ambulance Service||Plan A & B: $500
Plan C, D, E, F: $750
Plan G, H, I: per injury/illness maximum
|Maternity & Childbirth Coverage||Plan A & B: 80% up to $5,000
Plan C, D, E & F: 100% to per injury/illness maximum
Plan G: 80% to $5,000 in PPO/60% to $5,000 outside PPO
Plan H & I: 80% to per injury/illness maximum in PPO / 60% to per injury/illness maximum outside PPO
Note: For plan participant member & eligible spouse only
|Routine Newborn Care||Plan A & B $250 / Plan C, D, E & F: $750 / Plan G: $250 / Plan H & I: $750
Note: Only as a result of covered maternity
|Mental Illness & Nervous Disorder||Inpatient: 50% to $10,000, to a max of 45 days, Outpatient: 80% to $500|
|Alcohol & Drug Abuse||50% up to $1,000|
|Injuries from a Motor Vehicle Accident||Plan A, D, C, B, E & F: per injury/illness medical maximum
Plan G & H: I $100,000
|Non-contact Amateur Sports Coverage||Up to $5,000
Note: Includes high school, interscholastic, intramural, or club sports
|Home Country Coverage||Incidental Trips to the Home Country $1,000
Home Country Extension of Benefits $1,000
|Physiotherapy||Plan A, D, C, B, G, H & I: $50/day and Plan E & F: $75/day
All to the per injury/illness medical maximum
Prescribed by a physician and provided by a licensed physiotherapist
|Spinal Manipulation||Plan A, C, B, D, G, H & I: $50/day and Plan E & F: $75/day
All to the per injury/illness medical maximum
|Personal Liability Coverage||Up to $100,000|
|Worldwide Assistance||247/365 Assist service included|
|Plan Administrator||Seven Corners Insurance handles claims and policy services|
|Insurance Underwriter||Lloyd’s of London, the oldest underwriter in the world|
|Ratings of Insurance Company||A.M. Best: “A” (Excellent) and Standard & Poor’s: “A+” (Strong)|
|Quote / Buy Liaison Student Medical Insurance Online||Buy Liaison Student Insurance|
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is only a summary, be sure to read plan brochure for complete details. The specified benefits is subject to change, always refer to the plan brochure and program summary or policy certificate for the latest information on the plan.
Liaison Student Insurance Plan Brochure
Liaison Student Insurance Review of the plan brochure for coverage information and summary of benefits along with broad outline of the policy features.
- Plan Brochure: Liaison Student Insurance Review of the Liaison Student Insurance Brochure for policy information, coverage features and plan summary of benefits.
Liaison Student Insurance Certificate
Liaison Student Insurance Review of the plan certificate for detailed coverage information and plan exclusions with in-depth policy benefits explanation.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Liaison Student America Insurance Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy document.
Liaison Student Insurance PPO Network
Liaison Student Insurance has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers.
- Provider Network: Search for doctors, hospitals and other provider in the Liaison Student Insurance PPO network using Seven Corners Insurance PPO Network link.
Liaison Student Insurance - Quote/Buy Online or Apply
Quote/Buy Liaison Student plan instantly online or print/complete the Seven Corners student insurance paper application along with the payment.
Liaison Student Insurance - Renew/Extend Coverage
Liaison Student Travel Insurance coverage can be extended or renewed. A $5 renewal additional fee apples for each renewal application.
- Renew Policy: Extend the policy coverage dates using Seven Corners Insurance Renewal link.
Liaison Student Insurance Client Dashboard
Liaison Student America plan client resources for existing policy holders to renew coverage dates, print ID cards, get the proof of coverage letter, submit claims, and more.
- Client Dashboard: Access the Liaison Student America Plan on the IMG Client Resources dashboard for existing policyholders.
- Claim Form: Download and submit the Liaison Student America Plan Claim Form along with your bills and other supporting documents on the IMG Client Resources dashboard for review and settlement.
Liaison Student Cancellation & Refund Rules
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Active Policy: After that effective date, the premium is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
Liaison Student Insurance Plan FAQ
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Liaison Student Insurance plan gathered over many years:
What are the common terms used in the Liaison Student plan?
Medical Maximum, Deductible, Coinsurance are commonly referenced
Medical Maximum is the maximum amount covered under the policy, the plan will pay up to that amount should you need to use the plan by see medical care with the doctor, urgent care, or hospital, etc. Deductible is the amount of medical expenses which the insured person has to meet and cross (accumulated amount) before the plan pays. Higher the deductible selected, lower is the premium cost for the same medical maximum coverage selected. Coinsurance is the percentage amount of covered expenses, after the deductible, which the insured person pays, and applies only for the first $5000 beyond the deductible. Usual, Reasonable & Customary (URC) is for amounts that is actually payed out in the even of a sickness or injury claim. This is based on the local costs for treatment of that same type of claim.