Liaison Travel Basic Plan for USA Visitors or International
Liaison Travel Basic is a comprehensive travel medical plan for visitors to the USA or international travelers outside home country, offers budget affordable rates.
Liaison Travel Basic Insurance or Liaison Basic Insurance is designed for foreign nationals visiting the United States or U.S. citizens traveling overseas. Liaison Basic Visitor Insurance is an economical visitor health insurance policy that protects parents or relatives visiting USA from major and minor medical emergencies, accidents and illnesses during their visit to America. Plan is a travel medical insurance offering sickness or injury coverage abroad in any overseas country or destination. Liaison Basic is best for travelers while outside of their fixed and permanent residence for 364 days or less. This plan will pay for new illnesses or injuries being treated. Liaison Basic offers up to $5,000,000 in health benefits, emergency medical evacuation, repatriation, and 24-Hour assistance services, and is a value Seven Corners travel insurance product since 1993.
- Quote and Buy Liaison Basic Insurance online
- Review the Liaison Basic Insurance Brochure
- Review the Liaison Basic Insurance Certificate
Liaison Basic Travel Medical Insurance plan does NOT meet requirements for Schengen visa travel to Europe, but offers value short-term coverage for visitors to the United States. Liaison Basic Insurance is administered by Seven Corners Insurance and is underwritten by Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, and is rated A “Excellent” by A.M. Best.
Liaison Travel Medical Insurance
Liaison Travel Medical Insurance provides protection to citizens of any nation when traveling away from home residency country, plan offers renewable coverage with up to $5,000,000 in medical benefits, and is available in three plan options:
- Liaison Travel Elite – Best comprehensive plan option, maximum up to $5 million, pays 100% within PPO in USA, renew up to 1092 days.
- Liaison Travel Choice – Balanced option comprehensive plan, maximum up to $5 million, pays 90% within PPO in USA, renew up to 364 days.
- Liaison Travel Basic – Basic comprehensive plan selection, maximum up to $5 million, pays 80% within PPO in USA, renew up to 364 days.
Liaison Basic Insurance - Plan Overview
Liaison Travel Basic Visitor Insurance plan highlights:
- Liaison Basic Insurance is suitable for foreign nationals visiting USA or traveling to any other foreign country, and for US citizens who are traveling abroad to any overseas destination.
- Liaison Basic Insurance is visitor medical insurance for visiting USA or travel abroad
- Comprehensive plan that provides up to US$5,000,000 medical coverage
- Plan that offers US$100,000 of comprehensive coverage for persons of age group 70 – 80 years
- Senior citizens age 80+ can get US$15,000 of comprehensive coverage
- No PPO network, any hospital or doctor can be consulted
- Coverage for age group of minimum of 14 days old onwards up to 80+ years
- US$25,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits
- Medical Evacuation and Emergency Reunion benefits included
- COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2: NO coverage for testing/treatment after May 1, 2020.
- Plan previously called Liaison International Insurance.
Liaison Basic Travel Medical Insurance is designed for USA visitors or global travelers going abroad to any foreign destination country.
- Eligibility: Visitors to USA or international travelers visiting outside their home country.
- Policy Maximum: Plan offers maximum coverage from US$50,000 to US$5,000,000 for the life of the plan. For travelers over 70, the maximum coverage is $50,000 and for 80 years and older it is $10,000.
- Plan Deductible: Options of US$0, US$100, US$250, US$500, US$1000 or US$2500 deductible per certificate period.
- Duration: Minimum period of 5 days to maximum period of 364 days.
- Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions: Provides up to $15,000 for pre-existing conditions for non-U.S. residents younger than 70 years visiting the U.S. (age 70 & over, limited to $2,500)
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon Fees, Pre-admission tests and Hospital emergency room are covered, Diagnostics: X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included
- Plan Brochure: Review the Liaison Basic Insurance Plan Brochure for policy details.
- Claims Form: Download the Liaison Basic Insurance Claim Form using Seven Corners Insurance Claims link.
- Administrator: Plan is administered by Seven Corners Inc.
- Underwriter: Underwritten by Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, London or by Tramont Insurance Company Limited.
Liaison Basic Insurance Plan Details
Liaison Basic Insurance provides visitor health insurance for non-U.S. citizens visiting USA and travel medical insurance for foreign nationals or American citizens traveling abroad. Coverage is available for 5 days to 364 days and is renewable. Review plan benefit information, policy options, coverage details and quote/buy and purchase policy instantly online.
|Liaison Travel Basic|
|Quote & Buy Online||Liaison Travel Basic Insurance Quote|
|Review Plan Brochure||Liaison Travel Basic Insurance Brochure|
|Coverage Period or Duration||Coverage period minimum duration of 5 days and maximum length of 364 days (12 months)|
|Coverage Area||Worldwide coverage ages with “Excluding” or “Including” the United States options available|
|Benefit Period||180 days (amount of time you have from the date of your injury/illness to receive treatment).|
|Maximum Medical Benefit Per Person||Ages 14 days to 69 years: $50,000; $100,000; $500,000; $1,000,000; $2,000,000; $5,000,000
Ages 70-79 years: $50,000
Ages 80+ years: $15,000
Note: For ages 70-79 years needing worldwide “Excluding” the United States, medical maximum of $100,000 also available
|Deductible||Options you pay include: $0; $100; $250; $500; $1,000; $2,500, and $5,000.
Note: There is a maximum of 3 coverage period deductibles per family
The selected deductible and coinsurance amount must be met once before the plan pays
|Coinsurance Options||For treatment received inside USA:
In PPO Network: No coinsurance, plan pays 100% of eligible expenses to the Medical Maximum
Out of PPO Network: 70% of the first $5,000, then 100% to the Medical MaximumFor treatment received outside of the U.S.:
Outside the United States: No coinsurance, plan pays 100% of eligible expenses to the Medical Maximum
Note: Co-insurance is applied per person per period of coverage
|Hospital Room & Board||URC Up to Plan Maximum.|
|Inpatient Hospital Services||URC Up to Plan Maximum.|
|Outpatient Hospital / Clinical Services||URC Up to Plan Maximum.|
|Emergency Room Services||URC Up to Plan Maximum.|
|Doctor’s Office Visits||URC Up to Plan Maximum.|
|Prescription Drugs||URC Up to Plan Maximum.|
|Home Healthcare||$2,500 Maximum|
|Local Ambulance||$5,000 Maximum|
|Hospital Indemnity||Applies outside the United States & Canada; $100 per day to a maximum of 30 days.|
|Coma Benefit||$10,000 (in addition to Medical Maximum)|
|Claims Precertification||Required in the United States
If not pre-certified, 25% penalty applies
Note: Penalty does not apply to emergency
|Home Country Coverage||Incidental Trips to the home country: Up to $5,000 for incidental trips to Home Country
Home Country Extension of Benefits: Up to $5,000 upon return to Home Country
|Pre-existing Condition Coverage||US Residents outside of the United States: Waiver of Pre-existing Conditions up to $25,000 for below age 70 (age 70+, up to $5,000). Emergency Services & Assistance limited to $25,000
Non-US Residents traveling to the United States: Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition up to $15,000 for below age 70 (age 70+, up to $2,000). Emergency Services & Assistance limited to $25,000
|Dental Benefit||Sudden Relief of Dental Pain: $100
Emergency Dental Accident Coverage: $500
|Emergency Medical Evacuation||Up to $250,000 (in addition to the medical maximum)|
|Return or Repatriation of Mortal Remains||Up to $25,000 lifetime maximum|
|Local Cremation or Burial||Up to $5,000|
|Emergency Medical Reunion||Up to $200 per day / $25,000 maximum limit|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)||Limits of $10,000 for insured or travel companion, $2,500 for dependent children, and aggregate limit of $250,000 all insured under plan
Note: In the event of a Common Carrier Accidental Death, this benefit will not be paid
|Common Carrier Accidental Death Benefit||$20,000 for insured or travel companion; $2,500 per child ; and aggregate limit of $250,000 all insured under plan|
|Hospital Expenses||Hospital Room & Boarding charges, Intensive Care Unit & Expenses for Inpatient and Outpatient Care
Up to Usual, Reasonable & Customary (URC) to the medical maximum
|Hospital Indemnity||$100/night to a maximum of 30 days per occurrence, while traveling outside the U.S. & & Canada
Note: This amount is paid for the hospital incidental charges, and separate from the hospital treatment expenses
|Coma Benefit||$10,000 (in addition to the medical maximum)|
|Political Evacuation||Up to $25,000 lifetime maximum|
|Natural Disaster Benefit||Daily Benefit Up to $250 per day for 10 days|
|Natural Disaster Evacuation||Up to $25,000 lifetime maximum|
|Return of Minor Children||Up to $25,000 lifetime maximum|
|Terrorism Coverage||Up to $25,000 lifetime maximum|
|Felonious Assault||Up to $5,000 (in addition to the medical maximum)|
|Hazardous Activities (Optional)||Up to Plan Maximum|
|Loss of Checked Baggage||Up to $50 per article / $250 per occurrence maximum|
|Trip Interruption||$2,500 per occurrence|
|Personal Liability||Up to $25,000 maximum|
|Worldwide Assistance||247/365 Seven Corners Assist service included|
|Plan Administrator||Seven Corners Insurance handles all claims and policy administration services|
|Insurance Underwriter||Lloyd’s of London, the oldest underwriter in the world. The plan is also and Tramont Insurance Company in few other locations.|
|Ratings of Insurance Company||A.M. Best: “A” (Excellent) and Standard & Poor’s: “A+” (Strong)|
|Quote / Buy Liaison Travel Basic Insurance Online||Buy Liaison Travel Basic Insurance|
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is only a summary, be sure to read plan brochure for complete details.
The specified benefits is subject to change, always refer to the plan brochure and program summary or policy certificate for the latest information on the plan.
All coverages and plan costs are shown in U.S. Dollar amounts and are per person and per period of coverage unless otherwise noted.
Benefits are paid Usual, Reasonable, and Customary (URC) in excess of chosen deductible & applicable coinsurance, up to the selected medical maximum.
To receive Evacuation and Return coverage benefits listed, all arrangements for services must be coordinated by Seven Corners Assist.
Liaison Travel Basic Insurance - Plan Brochure
Review the Liaison Travel Basic Insurance Brochure which is common for all the plan types: Basic, Choice or Elite.
Liaison Travel Basic Insurance - Plan Certificate
Read the plan exclusions and policy description of coverage details in the Liaison Travel Basic Insurance Certificate.
Liaison Basic Insurance PPO Network
Liaison Travel Basic Insurance has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers.
- Provider Network: Search for doctors, hospitals and other provider in the Liaison Basic Insurance PPO network using Seven Corners Insurance PPO Network link.
Liaison Basic Insurance - Quote/Buy Online or Apply
Quote/Apply/Buy Liaison Travel Basic Insurance instantly online or print/complete the paper application along with the payment.
- Quote/Buy Online: Get instant quote & Buy Liaison Basic Insurance coverage online.
- Application Form: Complete, mail/fax the Liaison Basic Insurance Paper Application along with the required premium payment.
Liaison Basic Insurance - Renew/Extend Coverage
Liaison Travel Basic Insurance coverage can be extended or renewed to a maximum period of 364 days. A $5 renewal additional fee apples for each renewal application.
- Renew Policy: Extend the policy coverage dates using Seven Corners Insurance Renewal link.
Liaison Basic Cancellation & Refund Rules
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Active Policy: After that effective date, the premium is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
Liaison Basic Insurance Plan FAQ
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Diplomat America insurance plan gathered over many years:
What are the updates to the Liaison Travel Basic policy?
Liaison Basic Insurance – Plan Updates
Please review the Liaison Basic Insurance policy updates to review the plan changes and enhancements, highlights and changes for 2012 are as follows:
- Pre-existing Condition Coverage has been added as a new benefit for acute onset of a pre-existing condition, plan provides $15,000 lifetime maximum medical coverage and $25,000 lifetime maximum evacuation coverage for non-U.S. citizens up to age 70 traveling to the United States.
- Insurance Carrier – Liaison International will now be underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company, rated A “Excellent” by AM Best.
- No restricted states – States restricted by United States Fire Insurance Company will be written on Lloyd’s of London. Those states include: CT, IN, ME, MD, MT, NH, OR, RI, VT, and WA.
- Removal of Classes – Insureds can now choose one of two options: traveling inside of the U.S. or traveling outside of the U.S.
- Dependent Child Rates – Rate Change Dependent Child rates are now 95% of the Child Alone rate.
- Removal of Classes – Renewals At the time of renewal, insureds will move to the new plan and receive a new certificate number. This transition will not affect service for our insureds.
What are the common terms used in the Liaison Basic plan?
Medical Maximum, Deductible, Coinsurance are commonly referenced
Medical Maximum is the maximum amount covered under the policy, the plan will pay up to that amount should you need to use the plan by see medical care with the doctor, urgent care, or hospital, etc. Deductible is the amount of medical expenses which the insured person has to meet and cross (accumulated amount) before the plan pays. Higher the deductible selected, lower is the premium cost for the same medical maximum coverage selected. Coinsurance is the percentage amount of covered expenses, after the deductible, which the insured person pays, and applies only for the first $5000 beyond the deductible. Usual, Reasonable & Customary (URC) is for amounts that is actually payed out in the even of a sickness or injury claim. This is based on the local costs for treatment of that same type of claim.