Travel Insurance Select for Trip Cancellation Benefits
Travel Insurance Select is a trip cancellation or interruption benefits plan with coverage to protect travel investments for travel outside your home country.
Travel Insurance Select trip insurance plan is designed to protect your travel investments from trip cancellation or interruption penalties and from the cost of lost baggage. Travel Insurance Select provides medical expense, medical evacuation, and accidental death coverage, as well as 24-hour, worldwide, emergency assistance services.
Travel Insurance Select gives you a choice of three options to meet your needs and budget – Travel Insurance Select Basic, Travel Insurance Select Plus, and Travel Insurance Select Elite. Some of the benefits include Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Travel Delay, Medical Expense, Emergency MedEvac, 24-Hour Assistance Baggage Loss, Baggage Delay, Accidental Death, Pre-Existing Condition Waiver, Financial Default, Terrorism, Concierge Services, Primary Medical, Cancel For Any Reason and more. Check the brochure for the Description of Coverage for details.
- Quote and Buy Travel Insurance Select online, instant ID cards and proof of coverage.
- Review the Travel Insurance Select Brochure for plan summary of benefits.
Travel Insurance Select an affordable trip insurance plan for people taking a trip outside their home country, and the policy is exclusively administered by Travel Insurance Services, USA.
Travel Insurance Select Policy Information
Visit USA America Insurance is high-end first-class travel medical and visitor health coverage specially designed for the discerning tourist visiting America, relatives/parents visiting USA, or international travelers going abroad to any foreign destination country.
Visit USA travel health insurance comes in two available Economys: Visit USA America for the foreign nationals visiting USA and traveling to any other foreign country, and Atlas International for non-US and US citizens who are traveling abroad to any overseas destination outside the U.S.
- Visit USA America is for foreign nationals visiting USA or traveling outside their home country of residence.
- Visit USA International is for non-US or US citizens traveling abroad to any overseas destination.
Travel Insurance Select - Plan Overview
Travel Insurance Select Overview
Travel Insurance Select plan review of salient policy features & highlights of coverage:
- Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage.
- Plan is designed for U.S. residents traveling abroad.
- For single trips up to 90 day duration.
- Plan offer protection of trip costs and associated travel risks.
- Trip cancellation/loss or travel interruption and delay coverage.
- Trip Cancellation to reimburse your nonrefundable trip deposits/costs.
- Trip Interruption can reimburse your non-refundable prepaid and unused trip payments.
- Worldwide Medical Expense and Emergency Medical Evacuation.
- Reimbursement of Miles & Rewards used.
- Cancel and Interruption for Any Reason Option.
- Purchase policy 21-Day in advance of departure date to include all benefits.
- 15-Day Look period.
- Medical Emergency and Evacuation protection
- Baggage loss/theft or Baggage Delay coverage
- Medical Expenses for Injury or Sickness
- Suits both outbound/inbound trips from/to USA or for international travel.
- Administered by Travel Insurance Services.
Travel Insurance Select - Plan Details
Below are the details of what the Travel Insurance Select policy covers:
- Trip Cancellation to reimburse your nonrefundable, pre-paid Trip payments/deposits, due to covered reasons.
- Trip Cancellation can reimburse up to 100% of the costs you invested in your trip.
- Trip Interruption can reimburse your non-refundable prepaid and unused trip payments (land or water) due to covered reasons.
- Trip Interruption can recover up to 150% of your trip costs, depending on the coverage you choose.
- Travel Delay, if your trip is delayed 12 hours or more due to covered reasons.
- Reimbursement of Miles & Rewards up to $75, if you cancel your trip for a covered reason.
- Missed Connection can reimburse you up to a maximum of $1,500 (depends on plan).
- Medical Expense feature can pay for covered medical expenses incurred for sickness/injury.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation, Medical Repatriation and Return of Remains.
- Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion Waiver (Not Available For Basic Plan).
- Cancel/Interruption for Any Reason Upgrade (Not available to residents of NY).
- Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) Upgrade must be purchased at the time of your original plan purchase.
- Interruption for Any Reason (IFAR) Upgrade option available to be added within 21 days of your original plan purchase.
Travel Insurance Select Plan Brochure
Travel Insurance Select Certificate
Travel Insurance Select Review of the plan certificate for detailed coverage information and plan exclusions with in-depth policy benefits explanation.
- Certificate of Insurance: Review all the policy details available in the Travel Insurance Select Certificate which is the detailed sample document of the master policy document.
Travel Insurance Select PPO Network
Visit USA plan has an extensive USA based and international PPO network of doctors, hospitals, labs, and other caregivers.
- Provider Network: Search for providers within the PPO network to save on co-insurance charges using Travel Insurance Select Provider Network.
Travel Insurance Select - Quote/Buy Online or Apply
Quote, apply and buy the Travel Insurance Select policy securely and instantly online.
- Quote/Buy Online: Get instant quote & Buy Travel Insurance Select coverage securely online.
Travel Insurance Select - Renew/Extend Coverage
Visit USA visitor insurance coverage duration cannot be extended or renewed.
- Renew Policy: Not renewable or cannot extend the Travel Insurance Select policy coverage dates.
Visit USA Cancellation & Refund Rules
Below are the rules pertaining to cancellation of the policy and refund of premium.
- Prior to Effective Date: If written email request is received by the plan administrator prior to the effective date of coverage, the paid premium is refunded minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Active Policy: After that effective date, the premium is considered fully earned by the plan administrator and is non-refundable. Even if you have no claims with the current active policy certificate, partial refunds are not available with this policy.
Travel Insurance Select Plan FAQ
Below are some of the questions frequently asked with the Travel Insurance Select plan gathered over many years:
Why should I buy the Travel Insurance Select plan?
Travel & Trip costs are lost without Trip Insurance
Travel can be expensive, and you can lose your prepaid non-refundable trip expenses, if you need to cancel or interrupt your trip for any of the following reasons for cancellation/interruption:
- You, your family member or travel companion gets sick, injured or dies
- Your tour operator, airline or cruise line declares bankruptcy
- You cancel your trip for any reason such as:
- Your sudden business conflict on the travel dates
- Your travel date conflicts with another important personal event
- You change your mind and your travel plans
How much of my Trip Cost should I insure?
Insure all trip costs paid prior to travel departure date
You can insure all costs paid prior to departure that have any cancellation penalties or restrictions. You cannot insure arrangements for which you have made no payment (examples: frequent flyer miles, credit vouchers, discount coupons, certificates).
When should I buy a Trip Cancellation plan?
Don’t wait, buy now for maximum coverage benefits
You can buy now for maximum coverage. The earliest your Trip Cancellation coverage for your travel is effective the day after your enrollment is postmarked and payment is received, or the day after your transaction is completed online.
What are the Early Purchase provisions?
Early Purchase provisions include certain benefits
After your initial deposit/payment on your Trip, you have up to 21 days to purchase the Travel Insurance Select – Plus or Elite plans to obtain the Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion Waiver and coverage for financial default. If you purchase the Elite plan within 21 days of your initial payment, you will also have the option to add the Cancel for Any Reason and Interruption for Any Reason benefits.
What if I miss the early purchase 21-day period?
After 21-day period, early purchase benefit excluded
It is best to purchase the plan 21-days in advance of your departure date. You may still purchase insurance at any time prior to departure, however, the insurance would not include the early purchase benefits.
What if my trip plans change or there is an increase in trip cost?
Notify the plan administrator immediately in writing
To include the additional costs that you may have invested towards your trip, you must notify the plan administrator (Travel Insurance Services) immediately in writing and include the additional trip cost in order to maintain the Early Purchase Benefits. Failure to keep your coverage at 100% of trip cost can delay the payment of claims or cause loss of eligibility for certain benefits.