Visitors Insurance covering Pre-existing Conditions, also called Visitor Insurance for Pre-existing Conditions Coverage, also called Visitors Insurance with Pre-existing Coverage, or visitor insurance with acute onset pre-existing condition coverage, are visitor travel/medical/health insurance plans the provide USA visitors and international travelers visiting a foreign country with health coverage for acute-onset of pre-existing medical conditions, which is is any medical condition the person might have been diagnosed with, or had any treatment for, or is taking any medication for prior to the start date of the insurance. Among the many plan offering, only some visitors medical insurance plans provide visitors insurance coverage for pre-existing conditions. Pre-existing conditions coverage in visitor insurance plans is important to understand if you have elder parents or senior relatives/in-laws who are tourists to US, and for family members visiting the United States (USA) or any foreign destination.
Visitors Insurance Covering Pre-existing Conditions
There is NO visitor insurance plan currently available to purchase that will cover ALL pre-existing conditions. To understand these plans, one must read the policy exclusions which is available in the description of coverage document or plan certificate. Most chronic medical conditions are typically excluded. However, it is very common that most senior relatives or parents visiting USA or traveling abroad do have some form of pre-existing conditions such as High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Arthritis, Heart Attack/Disease, Stroke, Kidney Dialysis, Tumors, etc. and require a visitor insurance plan to offer coverage. Currently, all visitor medical insurance plans exclude these pre-existing conditions. Remember that certain plans only offer a limited option of acute-onset of pre-existing conditions for visitors, age and other restrictions apply.
Visitors Insurance Covering Pre-existing Conditions – Comprehensive Plans
Visit the following highlighted links have more information on popular visitor medical insurance plans with comprehensive benefits and provide coverage for acute-onset of pre-existing conditions up to the specified amounts, age and other limitations apply:
- Atlas America Insurance – Comprehensive Coverage up to $1,000,000. Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition Coverage is available for travelers under age 70 and may cover up to $1,000,000 Maximum for eligible medical expenses and up to $25,000 for Emergency Medical Evacuation.
- Patriot America Plus Insurance – Comprehensive Coverage up to $500,000. Acute on-set of pre-existing condition for non-US citizens below the age of 70 is covered up to the selected policy maximum for eligible medical expenses.
- Liaison Continent Insurance – Comprehensive Coverage up to $45,000. For Non-US Citizens, If you are under age 65, you are covered for an Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition. Coverage is available up to $45,000 per policy period. If you are between 65 to 69 years of age, the coverage is up to $2,000. For US Residents: If you are under the age of 70 years traveling outside US or Canada, the plan covers for waiver of pre-existing conditions up to $25,000 per policy period. For those over the age of 70, the waiver is up to $5,000.
Visitors Insurance for Pre-existing Conditions Coverage – Limited Benefit Plans
Visit the following highlighted links have more information on cheaper visitor medical insurance plans with benefits that are fixed or limited or scheduled per the Schedule of Benefits or Schedule of Coverage as listed in the corresponding plan brochure. These visitors insurance for pre existing conditions plans provide coverage for acute-onset of pre-existing conditions up to the specified amounts, age and other limitations apply:
- Inbound USA Insurance – Fixed or Limited Coverage up to $130,000. Non US Citizens, age under 70 years, covered for an Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition for no extra cost. Coverage is available up to selected policy maximum, per policy period.
- Visitor Secure Insurance – Fixed or Limited Coverage up to up to $100,000. For visitors under age 70, the plan provides coverage for an Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition. Coverage up to $100,000 Maximum for eligible medical expenses and up to $25,000 for Emergency Medical Evacuation.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Pre-existing Conditions
The common question among elderly relatives or parents visiting USA or travelers going abroad is what do insurance companies use to determine what is considered a pre existing medical condition. First and foremost, one must understand that no medical check-up or examination or prior medical recovers or physicians report is required to purchase short-term visitor medical insurance. The insurance company will rely on information gathered directly from the doctor, hospital, emergency room, or other care provider, and typically order the doctor’s report from the provider directly to review medications prescribed, patient medical history, any onset of symptoms present prior to incident, etc. In some instances, this information is also gathered from the Medical Information Bureau (MIB), where providers share certain medical information.
Precautions for Visitors Who Travel with Pre-existing Conditions
Visitors to USA or travelers outside America with pre-existing conditions have to take extra care while in the United States or any foreign country to avoid possible medical emergencies. Visitors with medical history should always purchase a plan with pre-existing medical coverage, otherwise an emergency due to a pre-existing condition may NOT be covered by their plan. There are some visitors insurance covering pre-existing conditions, but this coverage for acute-onset of pre-existing conditions only that are not excluded, age and other limitations apply.
Before deciding on purchasing any visitors insurance covering pre-existing conditions plan, review policy coverage and features/benefits and compare visitor insurance plans to find the best visitor insurance for relatives or parents visiting USA offering coverage for acute-onset of pre-existing conditions.
Visitor Medical Insurance
Visitor Insurance Review
Visitor Insurance for USA Visitors
For parents visiting USA, the most vital decision that they make, or their children make on their behalf, is the decision to buy a visitor medical insurance plan. Many parents...
You have friends, relatives, or parents visiting you in the United States of America, or you yourself may be planning a visit outside your home country. You are also well...